Date: 25-04-24  Time: 12:19 pm

Author Topic: Speedo bracket  (Read 1040 times)

StuSid

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Speedo bracket
« on: 19 April 2017, 09:04:22 am »
Hey guys I know theres been loads of posts about a custom speedo bracket for a 'naked' conversion and ive even seen some decent ones.

The best I seen was mounted where the bar risers were however I cant replicate it as I dont have the tools or metal to do this... I was curious if anyone actually makes these or something similar I could possibly buy or even an old one that worked great I would buy.

This will only be temporary to get me back running again until I fix the shitty projector conversion someone did and repair the slight damage to the fairings which I plan to do this winter while shes stored away.

Cheers everyone.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Speedo bracket
« Reply #1 on: 19 April 2017, 03:40:36 pm »
Hi Stu, I'm not sure if you can buy something off the peg as it where, but if you can draw up exactly what you're after there are lots of little fabricator workshops who could produce what your after at a reasonable cost  :) Depending on where you live, I'm sure there's someone with reasonable rates.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2017, 04:58:52 am »
If its only short term why not leave it bolted to the stock fairing subframe inc lights, won't look great but will save you splashing out on a custom made bracket
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2017, 03:01:56 pm »
at the moment mine is still stuck on the original bracket with the rest chopped off and the dominator lights mounted on fork brackets
it dont look pretty but it looks better than the shattererd and twisted fairing that was on when i bought it

StuSid

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2017, 05:29:08 pm »
Hi Stu, I'm not sure if you can buy something off the peg as it where, but if you can draw up exactly what you're after there are lots of little fabricator workshops who could produce what your after at a reasonable cost  :) Depending on where you live, I'm sure there's someone with reasonable rates.

This is probably going to be what i will do, my uncle is a fabricator so ill see if he can sort me out!

Cheers everyone