Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:58 pm

Author Topic: Fz6 s2 imobiliser fault  (Read 1754 times)

Nojalllen

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Fz6 s2 imobiliser fault
« on: 16 April 2017, 03:02:36 pm »
Can some please advise me ?
 Engine won't start. Imobiliser light flashing, no fuel pump activity and temp gauge flashing Hi. I attempted to fit a plug and play gear indicator light which has caused this. All has now been removed but the fault is still present. Can anyone help me fix it ?

Thanks jon
« Last Edit: 16 April 2017, 03:09:25 pm by Nojalllen »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Fz6 s2 imobiliser fault
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2017, 09:40:49 pm »
Not 100% with the fz6 but on the fz1 that's a flat battery. It means there's power but not enough to start the bike. Try charging it :-)

Nojalllen

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2017, 10:27:00 am »
Battery is fine, been on charge for three days and showing 13v. This has all started after (stupidly I know) I fitted a plug and play gear indicator. The bike wouldn't start with it fitted so it was all removed but this fault is now present. Can it be cleared or has it spiked a control unit ? How do I diagnose?

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2017, 10:19:08 pm »
It may be that you've damaged a wire (or it's been frayed) without you realising it, see http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/105-07-08-r1-mechanical-help/301653-hi-temp-warning-displayed-unrelated-high-heat.html for a similar issue.

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2017, 08:57:12 pm »
Which gear indicator did you attempt to fit? I researched heavily before i bought mine, and the nearest to actual plug and play was the Healtech unit. As far as i could ascertain, none of the others were compatable with the S2 model due to the ABS. Have you tried switching the ignition on and pressing the reset button? Double check the connectors underneath the fuel tank are good, and that none of the fuel lines are trapped