Date: 19-03-24  Time: 03:22 am

Author Topic: FZ8 lower bars  (Read 1629 times)

Hades

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
FZ8 lower bars
« on: 15 April 2017, 11:14:43 am »
Hello,

Test rode an 8 last week and was left smitten. Had my Ducati S2R 1000 stolen so in the market for another bike. The 8 is similar ergos to the monster but obviously power delivery is very different being an i4 but I liked it, very smooth and easy to ride fast which I like.

One thing I picked up on was the standard bars seem to come upwards at the ends which took some getting used to. Ducati use magura bars which have a flatter profile and they were perfect for my reach and comfort and lean you forward a little more which is what I'd like on the 8.

My question is could I use magura on the 8 ? The centre clamping area of the Maguras are 28mm so I imagine it's whether there is suitable clamps that the 8 can accommodate ?

Has anyone fitted a lower profile bar on your 8 and if so what bar / clamps did you use.

Thanks in advance

Andy_J

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • - sp1, fireblade, r6
    • View Profile
Re: FZ8 lower bars
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2017, 08:53:03 pm »
I fitted factory racing 28mm fat bars with lower profile.  I purchased a 28mm fat bar riser adaptor from ebay.  Worked well.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 April 2017, 09:17:17 pm »
Loosen the clamps slightly and rotate the bars back to you while sitting on the bike until you find a position that suits then tighten the clamps. Now loosen the Clutch lever clamp rotate it until it is comfortable then do the same with the brake lever clamp.  :thumbup

Hades

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2017, 12:36:51 pm »
Thanks gents. The factory racing bars seem to be an option. I'm not sure moving the standard bars more towards me would work. That's because the depth of the sweep in the centre section of the bars is such, that I'm thinking
the bars would touch the tank on turning. Additionally moving the standard bars does not change the angle of the bars towards the ends, which are too high, hence why I need a lower profile bar. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm thinking I can buy the maguras and just fit the 28mm adapters mentioned from eBay.