Date: 16-04-24  Time: 22:06 pm

Author Topic: YSS shock absorber, anyone had one  (Read 882 times)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
YSS shock absorber, anyone had one
« on: 13 April 2017, 09:38:20 pm »
Penny pinching here but has anyone used one of their shocks. Have read good reviews on their twin shocks, not just by owners, and have found one for the ZZR £50 less than a Hagon and like the Hagon it comes with a spring to suit your weight etc
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: YSS shock absorber, anyone had one
« Reply #2 on: 17 April 2017, 09:48:36 am »
Penny pinching here but has anyone used one of their shocks. Have read good reviews on their twin shocks, not just by owners, and have found one for the ZZR £50 less than a Hagon and like the Hagon it comes with a spring to suit your weight etc

Yes, as it happens I fitted one to a ZZR600 I bought as a project and it worked very well, certainly better than the budget Hagon things and the finish lasts on them too. For some reason they come out of the box with the preload wound right up so make sure you set the sag right once it's fitted.
YSS are designed by one of the chaps who was a technical bod at White Power, they are made in Thailand not far from where they churn out Triumphs. I'm working in Thailand at the moment and at lunchtime popped to a dealer nearby to see if YSS are cheaper here, but apparently they arn't sold in Thailand I as told, so I cant send you a cheap one, alas.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: YSS shock absorber, anyone had one
« Reply #3 on: 17 April 2017, 10:42:33 am »
Thanks for the reply
I've seen one from Germany on eBay for 230 posted, no details re rider weight etc but got to be worth a punt at that price