Date: 25-04-24  Time: 09:05 am

Author Topic: Another Jacket post Rev'it BKS, RST Updated  (Read 1772 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Another Jacket post Rev'it BKS, RST Updated
« on: 13 April 2017, 12:17:36 am »
As I am almost certain that the Spidi jacket arriving is going to be way too small and I cannot find it bigger I have started to look for other options.
So
What can you tell me about
Rev'it jackets
BSK - lynx
and RST R-16
« Last Edit: 13 April 2017, 04:51:35 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Another Jacket post Rev'it BKS, RST
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2017, 06:38:53 am »
I honestly don't know how you can even contemplate buying a jacket online without trying it on first, it's just gonna be a major kerfuffle!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2017, 06:47:42 am »
I have the RST 16 leather jacket. It's not a bad jack for the price point but it's nothing special either. The perforated chest keeps you quite cool (so not much cop in the cold) and it seems well put together.
Sizing can be a little off though. I've got a 47inch chest and bought the size 48 but I would have easily gotten away with a 46. There no adjustment other than at the waist and even there it's only an inch or 2 per side. But all in all its not a bad jacket although I'm sure there are nicer ones out there.
I only bought it as the website I got it from had it listed at the wrong price so I only paid £80 for it brand new!!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 April 2017, 06:49:18 am »
I honestly don't know how you can even contemplate buying a jacket online without trying it on first, it's just gonna be a major kerfuffle!

+1 on that.

As I wrote on another thread the sizes are all over the place, you could get lucky but then you could also spend any savings on postage getting the right one.

Pop to J&S at Nottingham (not far from you) They gave me 10% off the full price so you don't have to be looking at their sale items.
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 April 2017, 07:32:20 am »

+1 on that.

As I wrote on another thread the sizes are all over the place, you could get lucky but then you could also spend any savings on postage getting the right one.

Pop to J&S at Nottingham (not far from you) They gave me 10% off the full price so you don't have to be looking at their sale items.

Not only that, you might find something way more desirable and suitable at a better price, you never really know with these places unless you visit the shops.
Old stock for example could be punted out at half price if you're lucky enough, i've had a result like that with gloves before with something daft like 70% off.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2017, 08:29:11 am »
I am buying from Sportsbike shop (after reading good reviews on here ) its free delivery and also free returns with a local return drop off point around the corner at a local shop and the prices seem to be the cheapest too.

I have been into my local J&S last week and again yesterday and tried on a few but the ones that I am looking at they dont stock instore either and so even with them I have to pay a deposit and then will get it sent over so I can try it on in the shop but that will be on their inter branch van which could be 1 - 2 weeks unless I want to pay a postage for it quicker. 
« Last Edit: 13 April 2017, 08:38:46 am by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 April 2017, 08:37:09 am »
I have the RST 16 leather jacket. It's not a bad jack for the price point but it's nothing special either. The perforated chest keeps you quite cool (so not much cop in the cold) and it seems well put together.
Sizing can be a little off though. I've got a 47inch chest and bought the size 48 but I would have easily gotten away with a 46. There no adjustment other than at the waist and even there it's only an inch or 2 per side. But all in all its not a bad jacket although I'm sure there are nicer ones out there.
I only bought it as the website I got it from had it listed at the wrong price so I only paid £80 for it brand new!!
Air flow for summer riding is exactly the reason for me wanting another jacket, the sizing sounds like it is closer than most jackets as I am a 36 and have been finding that in some cases a 42 fits. Makes it a nightmare trying to order online.
I think that £80 should of had a 1 in front of it. As well as airflo I am looking for a high vis element and I am liking lots of white the RST would be the Flo Green version.
I am now looking at the Revit Galatic in white and black which comes with a very thin wind proof inner liner which would be good for chilly mornunf starts which would store under the seat when it warms up.     
« Last Edit: 13 April 2017, 08:37:52 am by fazersharp »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 April 2017, 08:58:02 am »
My ol jacket is a Hein gereck very simular to this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hein-Gericke-Streetline-Black-Leather-Motorcycle-Suit-Jacket-Trousers-XL-/252715476733?hash=item3ad70426fd%3Ag%3AoxkAAOSwjDZYcnxV&nma=true&si=SwHWDo%252FjZE6rY1M7Cjowii0qosQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 and having found my receipt I realise that it is t 17 yearsold  :eek I had added upgraded armer and in the winter/low /crap light months I wear a high vis top over it so now in the summer months I feel more vulnerable without it so a jacket with lots of white I think would be great as I dont want to add layers especially as I am looking for a summer perforated type jacket.

I have tried on some textile ones but find that the arms - armer can spin around and off my elbow thats whay I like the look of the galactic because the arms are leather apart from a stretch insert.   

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 April 2017, 12:20:09 pm »
Air flow for summer riding is exactly the reason for me wanting another jacket, the sizing sounds like it is closer than most jackets as I am a 36 and have been finding that in some cases a 42 fits. Makes it a nightmare trying to order online.
I think that £80 should of had a 1 in front of it. As well as airflo I am looking for a high vis element and I am liking lots of white the RST would be the Flo Green version.
I am now looking at the Revit Galatic in white and black which comes with a very thin wind proof inner liner which would be good for chilly mornunf starts which would store under the seat when it warms up.     

Yes it was very much meant to have a 1 on that price but the site had listed it under the price of the textile version (£100) and had a 20% off weekend. Needless to say I had their pants down but they were good enough to make good on the transaction which i thought was very noble of them.

If your looking for a summer jacket then have you not considered the mesh textile jackets?
I have a RST Pro Series Ventilator 5 for hot weather riding and I tell you it's a dream. Once you get over say 15mph the wind just flows straight through it. It feels like riding in a tshirt but you still have elbow should and back armour. I recommend it to anyone that wants to feel cooler while still being safe.
Comes with a waterproof and a quilted liner too if anyone would be silly enough to use it during the winter haha

Here's a link but appears to only be in black at sportsbikeshop

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/252194?r=GS&gclid=CNbmtainodMCFRGdGwodWeEDmw

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 April 2017, 02:25:55 pm »
thanks for all the input but the spidi jacket has arrived and it actually fits 1 i was convinced that it was going to be too small and as i was keen to get this sored i started looking at other options.
I did find out also that the sports bike shop when a return is needed if you are swapping to try something else the the courier brings the new and takes the return all in one go and the next day. 

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: Another Jacket post Rev'it BKS, RST Updated
« Reply #10 on: 17 April 2017, 02:53:28 pm »
I have Furygan Akira, it looks great, it is CE 2 level certified.

Note it is not big. I am 6 foot 110 kg and barely zip it. It's XXL the biggest size.

I  like it so much I am giving up the pies  :lol

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/107035

Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.