Date: 26-04-24  Time: 07:20 am

Author Topic: Ron Haslam race school  (Read 2302 times)

helen

• Lab spammer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati M800 S2R
    • View Profile
Ron Haslam race school
« on: 06 September 2011, 06:58:55 pm »
I'm posting this in here 'cos I can't make the yuku board do what I want today!!

Anyhow, just thought I'd share my excitement with the group after doing a Ron Haslam race school day last week.

This is also a trial run to see if my photo appears in the post!!  The day was brilliant.  I'd done one before, but still have SO much to learn about riding a bike.  Mostly it's a confidence thing, I can't quite bring myself to trust the bike and carry more corner speed or climb around the bike and hang off the seat :\   So as the photo (hopefully) shows, there's no chance of knee down action yet!

Very impressed with the CBR600 - I'd never ridden a sports 600 before - it was a revelation  :eek
Light, easy to steer, no clunky gear changes, neutral handling, fantastic bike. I'm so tempted, though the trusty Fazer may never forgive me  :'(
The lab spammer returns

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Haslam race school
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2011, 10:58:50 pm »
Wow! You look very comfortable on it and my collegue Owen says it looks like you're going very fast :)

And good ho for getting the picture posted :thumbup

oldmotherfoccer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • WWW.FATMAGGOT.COM
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2011, 10:47:46 am »
did you pick a bike to match your leathers ??? looking very cool calm and collected on there - well done

Fat Maggot Clothing Company - remember FOCU15 to claim your foccers discount

dolau

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2011, 12:45:40 pm »
Yep- look a lot more comfortable than I did at castle Coombe on my own fazer! Damp undies or what!
59 going on 57

helen

• Lab spammer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Ducati M800 S2R
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2011, 08:25:25 pm »
 :lol  I borrowed the leathers from the race school - so naturally they matched the bike!!!

Strangely I did feel very comfortable on the bike - managed to hit the rev limiter on the straights (mostly only in 2nd gear), but couldn't carry the speed round the corners.

Next stage - I put the pics on my work computer as a screen saver. One of my colleagues has gone to look at a Ducatic 748 tonight to buy as a track bike. So we are seriously thinking about some company track days on the Italian beast  :evil
The lab spammer returns