Date: 16-04-24  Time: 15:05 pm

Author Topic: Unstable / Unhappy Idle when engine semi-warm  (Read 883 times)

Seanmhc

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Unstable / Unhappy Idle when engine semi-warm
« on: 02 April 2017, 10:23:11 pm »
So for the past few months my bikes not been entirely happy, fuel mileage has dropped and this irregular idle problem has come out of nowhere. [/size]When starting the bike while the engine is still warm, but not at full operating temperature, for instance leaving it off for 5 minutes and starting it again, I get a very unhappy idle. The engine sounds unhealthly making a loping sort of sound as the idle drops down to 900, sometimes 800 odd, then bouncing back to 1200, then 1100 etc.When fully up to temperature, my idle steadies off and idles between 1200-1260 or 1260-1320 and sounds fine. On a cold warm up the idle starts off at about 1400, then after a minute runs up at 1600-1700 before getting somewhere in the middle and up to temp. It feels like the high idle is cutting off too early / before the engine is actually up to temperature and it's trying to idle normally without the engine temperature.I've included a video here: https://youtu.be/mK4gB4TC2kMSo far I have done the following try solve the issue, Changed Spark Plugs, Changed Oil, Changed Air Filter, Synced throttle bodies, Upped the idle and played around with CO settings, all with no luck. Anyone had experience of this / know what it is?[/size]

liamstears

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: Unstable / Unhappy Idle when engine semi-warm
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2017, 10:21:01 am »
TPS? There was a recall on these that caused idle issues