Date: 20-04-24  Time: 05:08 am

Author Topic: Louder exhaust can for FZS600  (Read 5010 times)

Kenbob

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Louder exhaust can for FZS600
« Reply #25 on: 11 April 2017, 04:30:29 pm »
You know what.
The great joy of forums is that no matter what you say to give an enlightened response to a question it seems you're gonna piss someone off or someone else comes across as the font of all knowledge and pisses on your response.
So what do we do, ride along in complete silence for fear of upsetting noise sensitive people then get taken out by a cage driver who's u turned in front of you and forgot to check his or hers mirrors.
Or do we blip our throttles and pip our horns and hope we don't upset mr angry.
And it's not revving an engine for the sake of revving it it's letting someone know you're there, which is exactly why you're supposed to sound your horn and flash your lights so I can see no reason that a quick blip of a throttle could of be used in the same way.
We should get things  into perspective, I never said I rev the nuts off my bike just to let someone know i'm there,blipping the throttle is not revving the nuts off it,and I don't consider it arrogant, neither do I ride around blipping the throttle just to piss off the neighbours. I'm too long in the tooth for that shit.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 April 2017, 05:05:49 pm »
You know what.
The great joy of forums is that no matter what you say to give an enlightened response to a question it seems you're gonna piss someone off or someone else comes across as the font of all knowledge and pisses on your response.
So what do we do, ride along in complete silence for fear of upsetting noise sensitive people then get taken out by a cage driver who's u turned in front of you and forgot to check his or hers mirrors.
Or do we blip our throttles and pip our horns and hope we don't upset mr angry.
And it's not revving an engine for the sake of revving it it's letting someone know you're there, which is exactly why you're supposed to sound your horn and flash your lights so I can see no reason that a quick blip of a throttle could of be used in the same way.
We should get things  into perspective, I never said I rev the nuts off my bike just to let someone know i'm there,blipping the throttle is not revving the nuts off it,and I don't consider it arrogant, neither do I ride around blipping the throttle just to piss off the neighbours. I'm too long in the tooth for that shit.

Apologies if that sounded like I was taking a dig at you, 'cos it wasn't intended.
I was on about the blatant people, like the one I mentioned earlier before, who really do go way over the top, almost to the point of bullying others on the road with mega loud unbaffled end cans on until you get out of their  way.
You tend to get a lot of them around the roads near the Ace Café on a Sunday!

« Last Edit: 11 April 2017, 06:32:48 pm by darrsi »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Kenbob

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 April 2017, 05:09:44 pm »
Ok no worries. :)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 April 2017, 05:22:17 pm »
 I don't want to fan the flames here but doesn't a quick pip on the horn get someone's attention better and more immediately than a randomly revving bike engine if they're doing or about to do something dodgy? You don't need to sit on the horn aggressively just to get their attention unless they're being a total tosser of course. The thing is, to blip the throttle you either have to be in neutral or have/pull the clutch in, so in most moving situations it's not ideal anyway. I tend to avoid flashing my lights cos people just assume you're giving way to them.
« Last Edit: 11 April 2017, 05:41:26 pm by vinnyb »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11 April 2017, 06:17:11 pm »
I don't want to fan the flames here but doesn't a quick pip on the horn get someone's attention better and more immediately than a randomly revving bike engine if they're doing or about to do something dodgy? You don't need to sit on the horn aggressively just to get their attention unless they're being a total tosser of course. The thing is, to blip the throttle you either have to be in neutral or have/pull the clutch in, so in most moving situations it's not ideal anyway. I tend to avoid flashing my lights cos people just assume you're giving way to them.

Could always get a Harley like the one that was just behind me on the way home, then people can hear you from about 10 streets ahead.
His neighbours must absolutely hate him if he starts really early in the mornings!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

NakedFTW

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 17 April 2017, 02:41:55 pm »
Here's a link to a slip on universal exhaust. Stainless steel, removable baffle.

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/Universal-GP-steel-exhaust-tailpipe-R-Tech-for-motorcycle-motorbike-/252826694760?nav=SEARCH

stevie-g1968

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 April 2017, 11:44:51 am »

Never been a fan of louder pipes myself - dont see the point. How often do we comment on twat boyracer car drivers with baked bean size noisy exhausts, -----------stones and glass houses.

The excuse about car drivers hearing us is just a smoke screen and pointless. Unless you do what I have done here

how does your bike cope with the back pressure problem with the front firing system... :lol
FOCing down under.......dodging vacant Skippy's.