Date: 23-04-24  Time: 15:35 pm

Author Topic: Gentlemen --- Start your engines  (Read 2944 times)

vinnyb

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: Gentlemen --- Start your engines
« Reply #25 on: 28 March 2017, 01:02:06 am »
 The problem is they're butchering classics to do it, original unmolested R100RSs and the like will be unfindable before long. It make you piss when they 'café race' CD200 Benlys and the like though and put them on Ebay for £2k. Clip ons on a single seat don't make a dog slow, poor handling bike into a racer.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28 March 2017, 08:15:25 am »
The problem is they're butchering classics to do it, original unmolested R100RSs and the like will be unfindable before long. It make you piss when they 'café race' CD200 Benlys and the like though and put them on Ebay for £2k. Clip ons on a single seat don't make a dog slow, poor handling bike into a racer.
Exactly. There was, maybe still is, a US series on tv called Cafe Racers that I followed for a while as it sometimes featured a pal of mine, where they'd cafe race various suitable bikes. But when the ideas started to dry up and they'd start putting clip ons and a 5 gallon tank on a CX500, you just think why, what's the point.

Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 March 2017, 05:15:04 pm »
Yes, the weather, at last.  Blew some of those cobwebs away myself on Sunday.  A nice 60 mile round trek Rye, New Romney, Hastings.  However, remember to stay safe guys and gals.  On the route I took on Sunday, later on in the day there were two serious motorcycle accidents  :(