Date: 24-04-24  Time: 08:26 am

Author Topic: For sale: most of a Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer  (Read 1034 times)

ayanftw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
For sale: most of a Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
« on: 22 March 2017, 07:35:47 pm »
I've not been on here a few years, signed up originally when the site was all blue (pre Yuku) - still had a Fazer 600 though. Unfortunately, it seems it's time to let this one (my third) go onto a new and better home.
I don't have a garage unfortunately so she's been kept chained to a telegraph pole outside for the past few years. Had a cover, it got stolen. Various bits have gone missing over the years, along with people just climbing on - I'm tired of being angry, of fixing stuff only for more crap to happen, and for feeling bad that such a fantastic machine isn't being used as much as it should.

Some details:

Bike: Yamaha FZS 600 FazerYear : 1999 (first registered in 2000 according to my V5C)
Price: open to offers
MOT: 20th May 2017
Tax: 1st June 2017, but I don't think this stays with the vehicle anymore?
Mileage: ~ 20000 - I'd love to have the exact figure but some thieving scumbags stole the clocks in 2014Colour: Black - I've had a red, a blue, and a black and can confirm that black is indeed the fastest colour (unless you take off the fairing)
Extras:
- Hagon rear shock
- Fazer thou rear caliper
- very faded red HEL brake lines
- Meta M357T-2 alarm immobilizer. I'd recommend just ripping out the damn thing entirely though.
- K&N air filter
- air horn (one of the fist sized ones, I can probably dig out the stock one if you really wanted it)
- stainless down pipes
- tail tidy (can't remember the make, it's dull silver in colour)
- clear tail lights (old red one is in a box somewhere if you wanted that)
- engine bars (bit of rust but they've done the job)]
- 12v lighter adapter on the left panel under the seat
Overall Bike Condition:
To be perfectly honest, she's seen better days. Engine hasn't been turned over in months, battery could well be flat, and I've not cleaned the carbs thoroughly in years. Along with that there are some other issues:
- clocks stolen
- loom connecting clocks missing
- ignition barrel broken
- ignition wires cut off of barrel (I've taken the connecting wires off for now as thieving scumbags kept trying to hotwire it. That's right, attempting to start a motorcycle chained to a telegraph pole)
- rear pegs missing (they stole these but left the can)
- tyres are (over)due replacement, they've been on there around 5 years
- front fork seals need replacing, right one is looking bad
- the alarm immobiliser doesn't seem all that sensitive. Might be past its best.
- I broke off the header bolts when replacing the downpipes, there's a tiny gap but it's passed MOT both years since.
- flasher relay long since gone - I replaced the indicators with LEDs, lost the original. I was using a PIC microcontroller with some transistors to make them flash.
- could really do with a good clean and polish

The front fairing is in great condition as it's been sat on my fridge for years, I took it off around 2 days after getting the bike. It's still on the fridge, it'll be included (though maybe not attached to the bike)
Service History/Receipts/Recent Service work:
not so much in the past few years - I'm an enthusiastic optimist with a set of spanners and a Haynes manual. Last oil change was probably 18months ago. Spark plugs were cleaned before the last MOT (May 2016), wheel bearings replaced the year before that.
Non restricted.
Bike Location: Leicester - I don't have a van, and I wouldn't consider the bike rideable (If I could get her to a state where she was rideable and safe from vandals, thieves, and local hooded youths I wouldn't even consider selling) so if you're interested you'll need to find a way to transport it.

Also, it is currently chained to a telegraph pole with an Almax chain / Squire lock. I can thoroughly recommend that lock and chain. Despite some thieving scumbag taking a power drill to the key barrel the lock is still holding strong. Unfortunately that means the lock is holding strong, I don't have a replacement, and I've no idea how long it'll take to get through with my angle grinder.

Contact details: PM me (though, I've not used SimplePortal before - I'm assuming I'll get emails)

Drezza

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - DRZ
    • View Profile
Re: For sale: most of a Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2017, 02:37:42 pm »
Messaged

ayanftw

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: For sale: most of a Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2017, 09:18:19 pm »
thanks Drezza :)

I got a couple of pictures of the front fairing - please ignore the bicycle tyres (this flat is pretty small)