Date: 19-04-24  Time: 04:06 am

Author Topic: SW France to Northern Costa Blanca  (Read 1305 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
SW France to Northern Costa Blanca
« on: 19 March 2017, 08:00:51 pm »

Just back from a 10 day trip from were I live SW France to the Costa Blanca were I used to live. Why did I ever move away from Spain.
Anyway did my best to avoid the Toll roads and Motorways. Broke the run up down and back with an overnight stop in a cheap hostel **star used booking.com €25.00 basic but comfortable and clean. Decent enough bar /restaurant in Monreal del Campo about 100kms south of Zaragoza. Had a bit of a thirst on me so had 6 pints and a large whiskey to take to bed that and my menu del Dia € 24.00.
Had good dry and warm weather all the way down,. Great biking roads N 330 is a cracker s is the N284. Only day it rained was the Monday but seeing as I was having a day away from the bike with my mate did not bother me.
I had a couple of days getting re familiar again with the Bernia Mountains at the back of Benissa and Jalon valley. I love it up there and with the tourist not about one could misbehave.
Came back over the Pyrenees passing through Formigal and Panitcosa ski resorts again weather amazing. The only down side with the MT09 is the fuel tank size at 14 litres it is a pain as if you are giving it some you can be looking for a petrol station every 100 mils or so. This is my 3rd long haul tour in a year. Sw France to N Ireland last April, Sw France to N  Wales in September and this run. Not bad for an old fart at 68.
« Last Edit: 19 March 2017, 08:02:14 pm by lew600fazer »
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Re: SW France to Northern Costa Blanca
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2017, 11:10:54 pm »
https://youtu.be/XIn-P0swxyM . Earlier this month the N134 runs up into the Pyrennes and the Col du Somport tunnel 8.6kms long that tunnel and by the time you get to the other end you are bloody freezing.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer