Date: 28-03-24  Time: 20:43 pm

Author Topic: Down the pub - the thread about nothing and everything  (Read 112523 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Down the pub - the thread about nothing and everything
« Reply #175 on: 13 February 2018, 02:11:41 pm »
I'm sorry but EVERY weight problem is to do with gluttony.
[...]
If you have a medical issue that means your body only burns 500 calories a day then only eat 500, not 3000.

And I bet your solution to people being alcoholics is "well stop, drinking!" as if it was that simplistic.

For example, when we eat, the brain is supposed to get a signal saying "ok, we're full", but some people simply do not get that signal, wheras other people, due to stress or depression etc, "comfort eat" because it creates "feel-good" chemicals.

Just telling someone to "eat less" is short-sighted and unhelpful and fails to deal with possible underlying issues.

It may be "short sighted" but the fact remains that it works. You've only gotta watch these 'biggest loser' programs or 'a year to save my life' to see that once ya make the fat fucks do some exercise and stop shovelling their faces with shit.... They actually lose weight.... amazing isn't it?
And I've no doubt that forcing alcoholics to go cold turkey would be the simple solution too.
But no let's carry on giving them money to fund their habit, just incase they have to suffer without it. Let the obese people eat what they want and blame it on 'issues' just in case they have their feeling hurt. And while we're at it we can continue to pay for their 'help' with public money and see how long it takes for any of them to get better... i may be being cynical but I'm gonna guess never

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 13 February 2018, 06:41:14 pm »
I'm sorry but EVERY weight problem is to do with gluttony. I can't stand all those lard arse fuckers that claim to have a slow metabolism or 'thyroid issues'
Your body can't make fat from nowhere. The only way to get to these sickening sizes is to eat your way there.
If you have a medical issue that means your body only burns 500 calories a day then only eat 500, not 3000.
I worked as a gym instructor for a while in my early twenties and the amount of them is get in crying about their size, crying while I trained them then smiling while they sat and ate 3 big Mac meals afterwards!

What?  So it's fucking Dr Dudeofrude is it?   :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 13 February 2018, 06:43:24 pm »
I'm sorry but EVERY weight problem is to do with gluttony.
[...]

And I bet your solution to people being alcoholics is "well stop, drinking!" as if it was that simplistic.

For example, when we eat, the brain is supposed to get a signal saying "ok, we're full", but some people simply do not get that signal, wheras other people, due to stress or depression etc, "comfort eat" because it creates "feel-good" chemicals.

Just telling someone to "eat less" is short-sighted and unhelpful and fails to deal with possible underlying issues.

It may be "short sighted" but the fact remains that it works. You've only gotta watch these 'biggest loser' programs or 'a year to save my life' to see that once ya make the fat fucks do some exercise and stop shovelling their faces with shit.... They actually lose weight.... amazing isn't it?
And I've no doubt that forcing alcoholics to go cold turkey would be the simple solution too.
But no let's carry on giving them money to fund their habit, just incase they have to suffer without it. Let the obese people eat what they want and blame it on 'issues' just in case they have their feeling hurt. And while we're at it we can continue to pay for their 'help' with public money and see how long it takes for any of them to get better... i may be being cynical but I'm gonna guess never

Harsh perhaps, but in the majority of cases I would agree. Having crap food available 24/7 on every street in the country also doenst help, or the 24/7 availability of alchohol.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #178 on: 13 February 2018, 11:13:22 pm »
When you watch news footage of the public from 25+ years ago they were nearly all slim and there wasn't an obesity crisis.

Sure, there were no fat people in the 1990s. Or maybe you want to go back to the 1980s? Or maybe you'd like to go further back and do the classic "no fat people came out of Belsen..."?

Or just "I'm alright Jack, it's easy for me, so why shouldn't be easy for everyone else too? I don't give a s$$t about their problems..."

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 14 February 2018, 06:43:39 am »
I was referring to the period 1960's-1990's when people where reasonably affluent but didn't, in general, have an obesity problem.

Are you sure you're feeling alright in your mind graham?.

I hope so but that disgusting, offensive suggestion referring to WW2 would suggest otherwise.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 14 February 2018, 07:05:32 am »
guess not all weight issue are from gluttony.

I'm sorry but EVERY weight problem is to do with gluttony. I can't stand all those lard arse fuckers that claim to have a slow metabolism or 'thyroid issues'
Your body can't make fat from nowhere. The only way to get to these sickening sizes is to eat your way there.
I worked as a gym instructor for a while in my early twenties and the amount of them is get in crying about their size, crying while I trained them then smiling while they sat and ate 3 big Mac meals afterwards!

But in the same breath you do get people that can eat whatever crap they want, and plenty of it, and not gain weight at all.
There's a couple i work with and they literally eat so much shite throughout the day it's unbelievable but they're both as skinny as anything. Especially sugary stuff, they can't get enough of it.

Can i just add something to this which is quite important. This said couple tend to get ill easily, and noticeably very often.
I also know someone who's a vegan, doesn't drink, smoke, etc, who also seems to be ill about 50% of the year, even when it's very warm, and in my opinion looks malnourished and extremely pale to look at.
I have suggested a night out on the piss and a large (veggie) burger at the end of the night maybe just once a month or two, but it just falls on deaf ears.  :b
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 14 February 2018, 07:40:12 am »
Or perhaps in the 60s/70s and early 80s we didn't just sit in front of a computer screen,  games system or TV screen. As a kid of the 60s we were either down the park playing football or over the woods building dens, or out for a bike ride, and there was just as many perverts and no good scum bags then as now, it just wasn't reported as much then, as there was shame in being a victim of them then.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 14 February 2018, 08:10:34 am »
What?  So it's fucking Dr Dudeofrude is it?   :lol

Why not?. Surely you don't want that title too?.

You've already taken on the role of unquestionable expert on politics.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 14 February 2018, 01:12:57 pm »

I hope so but that disgusting, offensive suggestion referring to WW2 would suggest otherwise.

That was deliberately to point out how offensive *your* comments about "fat fucks" were.

And questioning someone's mental health for disagreeing with you is also being offensive.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 14 February 2018, 01:41:04 pm »

That was deliberately to point out how offensive *your* comments about "fat fucks" were.

And questioning someone's mental health for disagreeing with you is also being offensive.

I'm even more concerned for you now Grahamm.

You're getting my posts mixed up with someone else's!

I haven't referred to anyone as "fat fucks".

You can look through any/all of my 1000+ posts and you will find no insulting language such as that or similar.

Sits and waits for apology......

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 14 February 2018, 02:50:03 pm »
Or perhaps in the 60s/70s and early 80s we didn't just sit in front of a computer screen,  games system or TV screen. As a kid of the 60s we were either down the park playing football or over the woods building dens, or out for a bike ride, and there was just as many perverts and no good scum bags then as now, it just wasn't reported as much then, as there was shame in being a victim of them then.

Sound. Oh how I loved those days. Hide and seek over an area of 10 sq miles. Hedge hopping. Tree climbing (without safety helmet or harness). I still go running at 66 over the fields and footpaths we used to frequent as nippers, and waht were once packed with kids exploring life are now devoid of youngsters during the school holidays. The nation has changed for the worse

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 14 February 2018, 06:32:50 pm »
Am I the only one who thinks that the increase in overweight people is linked  to a few things?

1. The drive to force people to quit smoking, they eat to replace the longing for nicotine.
2. The massive increase in takeaway outlets, there are streets in Leeds where it is just  rows of takeaways, and more appear every month.
3.Car ownership, no one walks anywhere no matter how short the journey.
4. Massive supermarkets selling every kind of sugary / fatty food available, strange how when they do a " bogof " it is never friut and veg.
5. The availability of cheap alcohol 24/7 , my local 24 hour garage even sells it.

As for overweight being an " illness " or genetic I would like to see some genuine proof from some reputable sources before I will believe that, I am overweight and I am not ill or bound by my genes, I am just a lazy greedy git.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 14 February 2018, 09:29:50 pm »
You've already taken on the role of unquestionable expert on politics.

I was previously given the title, when the forum was hosted on YUKU, of - FOC-U political correspondent and voice of reason. :lol

I thought I'd got off lightly compared to others.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 14 February 2018, 10:42:46 pm »

Sound. Oh how I loved those days. Hide and seek over an area of 10 sq miles. Hedge hopping. Tree climbing (without safety helmet or harness). I still go running at 66 over the fields and footpaths we used to frequent as nippers, and waht were once packed with kids exploring life are now devoid of youngsters during the school holidays. The nation has changed for the worse

You run at 66?
Crikey, that's almost Bionic Man speed.  :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 15 February 2018, 07:57:19 pm »

You run at 66?
Crikey, that's almost Bionic Man speed.  :lol

Thats only KPH mate  ;)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 15 February 2018, 11:21:36 pm »
Ahh! Poor ole Asad  :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 16 February 2018, 01:37:54 am »

You are correct, it was Dudeofrude who wrote that and I apologise for mixing the two up.

I trust you will now apologise for questioning my mental health.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 16 February 2018, 02:00:37 am »
As for overweight being an " illness " or genetic I would like to see some genuine proof from some reputable sources before I will believe that, I am overweight and I am not ill or bound by my genes, I am just a lazy greedy git.

The BBC Horizon programme did a three-part series on this in 2015:

Unfortunately the programme is no longer available, but they have a few clips online:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02ddsd9/episodes/guide

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02glkx3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02glk0m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gsrgx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gsrny

There were three groups, the "Feasters" who find it hard to stop eating when they've started, the "Stress Eaters" who (as it suggests) eat due to stress and the "Constant Cravers" who always feel hungry.

By dealing with the root causes, they were able to help many of them lose weight.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 16 February 2018, 05:18:05 am »
A BBC programme i[size=78%]s not any proof at all.[/size]
[/size]When the AMA announced that  they where going to class obesity as a disease a few years back a great many doctors disagreed.
[size=78%]

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 16 February 2018, 08:12:21 pm »

You are correct, it was Dudeofrude who wrote that and I apologise for mixing the two up.

I trust you will now apologise for questioning my mental health.

Apology accepted and apology proffered :kiss

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 16 February 2018, 08:28:39 pm »
 :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 16 February 2018, 10:53:44 pm »
Apology accepted and apology proffered :kiss

Thank you.

End of :thumbup

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 16 February 2018, 11:57:12 pm »

The BBC Horizon programme did a three-part series on this in 2015:

Unfortunately the programme is no longer available, but they have a few clips online:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02ddsd9/episodes/guide

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02glkx3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02glk0m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gsrgx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02gsrny

There were three groups, the "Feasters" who find it hard to stop eating when they've started, the "Stress Eaters" who (as it suggests) eat due to stress and the "Constant Cravers" who always feel hungry.

By dealing with the root causes, they were able to help many of them lose weight.

Fridge Pickers wear big knickers.
 :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 22 September 2018, 09:13:26 pm »
Thought I would resurrect this thread - partly I don't know where else to post this.I have been trying to learn a little Spanish and came across this I instantly fell in love and then get slapped in the face with a cold wet cod in the end just as I was longing to see her again.
! No longer available
« Last Edit: 22 September 2018, 09:14:31 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 22 September 2018, 11:31:13 pm »
Is it Peter Brady's wife?
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.