Date: 19-04-24  Time: 19:49 pm

Author Topic: Polishing question  (Read 1245 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Polishing question
« on: 09 March 2017, 03:43:16 pm »
This may sound stupid but how the hell do you polish a white bike? It's driving me insane finding bit of polish that ive missed for weeks afterwards haha
Does any company make a Polish that drys a colour other than white? Like blue or something?
Like I said I know it's stupid and some of you will laugh at me but it's a serious ball ache haha

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Polishing question
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2017, 05:27:04 pm »
:agree

I polish my car about once a year and still find bits of polish on there months afterwards.

On the bike it tends to be the black textured parts that I didn't even polish I find white stuff on for months afterwards
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2017, 06:00:28 pm »
Have you tried Pledge or Mr Sheen?
Honestly they both work well on the  :faz, just don't let the missus catch you using it or she'll have you do the front room while your at it.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2017, 06:20:40 pm »
Have you tried Pledge or Mr Sheen?
Honestly they both work well on the  :faz, just don't let the missus catch you using it or she'll have you do the front room while your at it.

I actually used that this morning, and noticed a patch of old polish, hence the reason for this post haha its does alright to make it shine but I wouldn't imagine it lasts longer and doesn't give any kind of protection like a good wash polish does

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2017, 08:15:26 pm »
This may sound stupid but how the hell do you polish a white bike? It's driving me insane finding bit of polish that ive missed for weeks afterwards haha
Does any company make a Polish that drys a colour other than white? Like blue or something?
Like I said I know it's stupid and some of you will laugh at me but it's a serious ball ache haha

You could kill 2 birds with one stone - improve the looks and make polishing easier by spraying it Silver  :D
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2017, 09:11:53 pm »

You could kill 2 birds with one stone - improve the looks and make polishing easier by spraying it Silver  :D

Might upset you to know that it was silver before it had the abarth paint job 😆😆

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 March 2017, 10:50:21 pm »
Ahhhh is this the Devilsyam bike ??

If it is then it's a cracker in white  :thumbup
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 March 2017, 01:43:23 pm »

You could kill 2 birds with one stone - improve the looks and make polishing easier by spraying it Red  :D