Date: 24-04-24  Time: 14:30 pm

Author Topic: Renthal Bars and Throttle Cable routing  (Read 903 times)

Tefer

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - FZS1000 2003
    • View Profile
Renthal Bars and Throttle Cable routing
« on: 06 March 2017, 05:22:04 pm »
Hi,

Fitted my Renthal 758's yesterday and had seen a mention of chopping 10mm on the ends but was waiting to see how it all felt first. I have the bars on and when fitting the throttle side it felt like there was a good bit of resistance, is this normal for other that have changed?

The cables sit really close to the servo too for the exup, i am thinking its been routed wrong.

The bike has heated grips but they are quite large compared to Oxford, how do i go about removing the throttle grip if i cannot quite get on with it?
« Last Edit: 06 March 2017, 05:23:55 pm by Tefer »

Four Wheels Moves The Body... Two Wheels Moves The Soul

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Renthal Bars and Throttle Cable routing
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2017, 06:53:20 pm »
The extra width of the bars may have pulled the throttle cables more to the right, they should not be pushing the servo cable out of place.
Check the routing of the cables, download the FZS1000 service manual in the download section go to the page called Cable Routing which will help you check where it may be wrong

Dustydes

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fzr1000 exup street fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Renthal Bars and Throttle Cable routing
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2017, 12:23:51 am »

As unfazed said, check cable route.

I fitted 758's last year with no problems. Drilled and tapped to take R&G bar end weights.
Also removed heated grips.
Take throttle tube off and place in boiling water, with a long thin screwdriver carefully pushed in going around grip to break glue.
I managed to remove mine without damage and then used White spirit to clean off old glue from throttle tube and grips.