Date: 19-04-24  Time: 03:11 am

Author Topic: Oil/Water pump  (Read 3190 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Oil/Water pump
« on: 27 February 2017, 11:29:56 pm »
This is not a problem, just a question.
I have been reading tonight on one of the post in FOC-U about a 1K Fazer owner who removed one of the metal water pipes from his engine and introduce coolant into the sump  :'( as it was a pipe that went to a shared Oil/Water pump, apparently this pipe passes through the sump/engine to the shared pump. is this the same setup Oil/Water pump on the FZS 600? I ask for future reference. :guitar 

Oh! and check out these bad boys that I purchased today woo woo
« Last Edit: 27 February 2017, 11:36:46 pm by tommyardin »

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Oil/Water pump
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2017, 07:34:05 am »
Tommy, those boots are blue. They'll only slow you down.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2017, 08:17:40 am »
The oil pump and water pump are completely separate on the fzs600 and on different sides of the bike.

The oil pump is behind the clutch on the right side of the bike. The water pump is on the left on the outside of the bike.

Why is you asking?

The only places coolant and oil really go near each other is in the head of the engine.
« Last Edit: 28 February 2017, 08:28:02 am by Bretty »
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2017, 08:21:23 am »
Boots on the table-How uncouth! :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2017, 09:34:58 am »

I know! I know! They did not have them in Silver, the other option was red, I told them I would sooner go barefoot than sink that low. :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2017, 09:38:07 am »
The oil pump and water pump are completely separate on the fzs600 and on different sides of the bike.

The oil pump is behind the clutch on the right side of the bike. The water pump is on the left on the outside of the bike.

Why is you asking?

The only places coolant and oil really go near each other is in the head of the engine.

Apparently not on the 1000 it's a shared pump, single pump does two functions, either that or its wind up and I'm the prick, there is no need for a reply on that one. :lol

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2017, 09:48:54 am »

I know! I know! They did not have them in Silver, the other option was red, I told them I would sooner go barefoot than sink that low. :eek

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 February 2017, 10:36:40 am »
Looking on interweb, it looks like one unit on the 1000. It's quite possible that when removing it you could put coolant in the engine, but at that stage the engine is probably drained of oil anyway.

On the fzs600, the oil pump is gear driven on the right hand side of the engine behind the clutch.. It has a shaft only that goes through the engine and drives the water pump on the other side. 2 separate components although sharing a shaft.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 February 2017, 01:30:29 pm »

We know, we know, you're afraid to wear red Red Boots, because not only would that primer only bike go faster with the red boots on, but you would also be forced into walking faster and your just to old for that  :lol :lol

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 February 2017, 01:53:22 pm »

I've said it before he's got a secret blue fazer fetish, if you see how much blue stuff is on his bike, the boots just confirm it imo  :lol  however he's not that uncouth the picture shows he reads practical sportsbikes which is a read for the mature experienced gentlemen with intelligence who remember the 80's and 90's and remember the smell of 2stroke fumes  :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 March 2017, 12:11:04 am »
Looking on interweb, it looks like one unit on the 1000. It's quite possible that when removing it you could put coolant in the engine, but at that stage the engine is probably drained of oil anyway.

On the fzs600, the oil pump is gear driven on the right hand side of the engine behind the clutch.. It has a shaft only that goes through the engine and drives the water pump on the other side. 2 separate components although sharing a shaft.

Thank you Bretty that was what I was after  :thumbup

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01 March 2017, 12:12:33 am »
Tell you what them boots would make better eating than my Mrs cooking, more meat in then to  :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01 March 2017, 12:14:38 am »

We know, we know, you're afraid to wear red Red Boots, because not only would that primer only bike go faster with the red boots on, but you would also be forced into walking faster and your just to old for that  :lol :lol

Bit rude

:lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 March 2017, 12:16:31 am »

I've said it before he's got a secret blue fazer fetish, if you see how much blue stuff is on his bike, the boots just confirm it imo  :lol  however he's not that uncouth the picture shows he reads practical sportsbikes which is a read for the mature experienced gentlemen with intelligence who remember the 80's and 90's and remember the smell of 2stroke fumes  :)

Not forgetting the Castrol R aftershave :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 March 2017, 12:26:06 am »
My baby does have a lot of blue on it as I feel it compliments that Luxurious Silver Coachwork of that far superior colour scheme that Yamaha deemed to anoint some of their much preferred and favoured machines with, and I feel the blue is a pleasant relief from that dazzling array of beauty.  :finger   

I have to admit that there have been more than a few other refinements since these photos were taken about this time last year.
Refinements that to the casual onlooker would certainly be overlooked, but, to the more discerning eye would cause much merriment and glee to the beholder. :lol
« Last Edit: 01 March 2017, 12:31:25 am by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 01 March 2017, 12:32:41 am »
And when I look at it I get an errection :eek
lol

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 March 2017, 07:41:07 am »
My baby does have a lot of blue on it as I feel it compliments that Luxurious Silver Coachwork of that far superior colour scheme that Yamaha deemed to anoint some of their much preferred and favoured machines with, and I feel the blue is a pleasant relief from that dazzling array of beauty.  :finger   

I have to admit that there have been more than a few other refinements since these photos were taken about this time last year.
Refinements that to the casual onlooker would certainly be overlooked, but, to the more discerning eye would cause much merriment and glee to the beholder. :lol

I notice that most of the slow blue colour is around the vicinity of the wheels is that to help slow the bike to improve the stopping capability, as that's why I fitted neon blue brakelines to my faster red fazer  :lol that's also why Yamaha installed the blue spot on the front calipers as well as the rear caliper on the 1000cc fazers  :lol

Your bike may not be the faster red version but I must admit you've got a very nice looking bike there  :thumbup and being a slower colour model then people will have more time to admire it as you ride slowly past them so yes making it look bretty is a must  :lol

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 March 2017, 01:47:26 pm »
lol

TMI Tommy TMI

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01 March 2017, 02:11:35 pm »

I notice that most of the slow blue colour is around the vicinity of the wheels is that to help slow the bike to improve the stopping capability, as that's why I fitted neon blue brakelines to my faster red fazer  :lol that's also why Yamaha installed the blue spot on the front calipers as well as the rear caliper on the 1000cc fazers  :lol

Your bike may not be the faster red version but I must admit you've got a very nice looking bike there  :thumbup and being a slower colour model then people will have more time to admire it as you ride slowly past them FLAT OUT so yes making it look pretty is a must  :lol

I amended you post as you missed out a couple of words  :eek

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01 March 2017, 02:13:59 pm »
lol

TMI Tommy TMI

Ahh! they were the days ehh! There's not enough blood pressure for both of us now  :eek
« Last Edit: 01 March 2017, 02:18:16 pm by tommyardin »

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 March 2017, 03:43:52 pm »

Your bike may not be the faster red version but I must admit you've got a very nice looking bike there  :thumbup and being a slower colour model then people will have more time to admire it as you ride slowly past them FLAT OUT so yes making it look pretty is a must  :lol

I amended you post as you missed out a couple of words  :eek

My bad, thanks for that  :rollin :rollin :rollin

lol

TMI Tommy TMI

Ahh! they were the days ehh! There's not enough blood pressure for both of us now  :eek

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I'm getting strange looks from my work colleagues as I nearly fell off my chair laughing so much

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin