Date: 25-04-24  Time: 00:35 am

Author Topic: Bike adverts,  (Read 2964 times)

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Bike adverts,
« on: 18 February 2017, 11:55:55 am »
100 mile round trip to look at a 'clean standard' fazer thou. Hadn't been washed for a year I reckon and completely shot tyres. There goes another £20 worth of juice and a morning of my time. E bay should let you mark people on the accuracy of their adverts.  I hope the guy updates his advert to save a few more wasted journeys.

It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Bike adverts,
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2017, 01:41:35 pm »
It's a complete mystery to me why someone wouldn't even bother to clean a vehicle before sale :rolleyes

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2017, 01:44:53 pm »
got a link to the ad?

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 February 2017, 02:18:02 pm »
This should be in "what gets my goat"  :grumble .......just bought myself a new car and went through the same process , some i went to view with the car parked on the drive were not even worth knocking on the door , just turn around and back home   :\

got to sell my old car now , has a short MOT and will need work to pass , going to sell it as "spares or repair , didnt stop me giving it a good clean up before i stick it on evil bay...

keep looking CARLSV8...theres some cracking  :faz s out there   :)
One, is never going to be enough.....

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 February 2017, 05:18:29 pm »
Know exactly what you mead Carl
Went to look at a Fazer 400 near Tullamore (Middle of Ieland) a few years ago for my son. Advertised as good clean bike. Seller drags the bike out of a shed and I  took one look at the manky bike with 2 soft tyres and said to the seller "Your definition of clean is totally different to mine". Had the cheek to ask "What do you mean" I just said "This is my bike, this is what I call clean".  Then he says "It just needs a wash", so I said "You wash it and good luck selling it, but it won't be to me"
Just as well I had only detoured 30 miles on my trip home from Dublin after a work related meeting to see it. Would have been seriously pissed off if I had traveled 280 miles there and back to see a heap of shite. It was only a 30 mile detour and back through some nice roads on a summer afternoon.
At least the last bike I went to see with Downey was exactly as described and he bought. We both enjoyed that spin back  :lol

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2017, 08:07:02 pm »
going the other way lads,   I have been trying to sell my fzs 600,  for a measley 1350.  no one has even came to look at it,     it is time warp.    :eek   my gain there loss.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2017, 10:25:54 pm »
Looking to sell mine in the spring , Gen 1 FZS 1000 Fazer 02 plate , £1100 ONO.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 February 2017, 10:59:35 pm »

I bought my FZ1S  from a forum member 2009 bike bought it in December 2013 £4000 it cost me. I bought it after getting a friend to go check it out for me as I lived in Spain and the bike was in Scotland.
The bike was described as in excellent condition and the photographs showed up the one imperfection on the bike, a very small scratch on the pillion grab rails. Neil said the tyres were needing replacing in about 1500/2000 miles PR3's
My mate said when he saw the bike it was sprayed with ACF50 but it looked good regardless. He judged that the bike would be sound as the seller had another bike in his garage which was also spotless as was the garage. So I bought the bike basically on what my mate said. As I lived I Spain and did not fancy riding down through Europe at that time of the year I left it with Neil until April.
The bike was as described when I did collect it and I kept her for nearly 2 &1/2 years, she never missed a beat. Only reason I sold her was because of my dodgy knees. Also a lad hounded me for the bike and I sold it for €6500 @ the exchange rate of £1..00 = €1.20 so I made £1500 on that bike, not really as it cost a small fortune to put it on Spanish plates, but it was in every bit as good a condition the day I sold it as the day I bought it. It had 10,000miles on it when I bought it and 18,000 miles when I sold it.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 February 2017, 07:34:03 am »
Not computer savvy enough to do a link but it's blue with a black engine , is nearly £3 k  and it's 'up north'. It's very possibly a great bike under the grime and under engine surface corrosion but not risking my hard earned spondoolies.
« Last Edit: 19 February 2017, 07:38:30 am by Carlsv8 »

markie_wales

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KTM 950 SuperEnduro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 February 2017, 04:46:26 pm »
3k is very much top end to put it mildly!! When I get some free time I'll be putting mine back up for sale, well under that and it's near as damn it mint (couple of stone chips). Just need to be around for people to view but having to run around sorting our family stuff at the moment - and know no one will want to view at night.

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,21717.0.html

Cheers

Markie

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 February 2017, 02:35:49 pm »
Saw a what looked like a beauty in Bury Motorcycles, it went straight away before I got the chance to speak to the shop. The hunt for a late, low miles beauty continues, my little Foxeye for company so not so bad.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 February 2017, 03:32:55 pm »
Been there done that. Nice Ford Fiesta - No Rust. When I got there the driver's door post looked like a Swiss cheese. You even get it at car boot sales. I saw a nice looking oil lamp, "Full working order" the lady said. I lifted off the shade and the chimney was broken, "Apart from that" she said. I went to turn the wick adjuster and it was broken. I suppose someone might have taken her at her word.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

markie_wales

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KTM 950 SuperEnduro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 February 2017, 03:42:44 pm »
They do come up from time to time, just be patient and something will come up. Just don't wait if a low miler does comes up! Don't worry so much about a later plate one, as they are all the same (bar a few tiny tweaks - cat from 05 onwards etc)

cheers

Markie

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 February 2017, 03:47:09 pm »
Was it this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAZER-1000-/142277803880?hash=item21206aff68:g:VnsAAOSwtfhYob4jIt's blue S variant £3K ish and tyres look a bit worn and it's up north and doesn't look the cleanest Not sure but if the fairing says FZ1 over it would that be a US import ?? I think that was up for sale when I was looking for mine last year , I remember it as I was in the Lake District on holiday and thought about looking at it but I really wanted silver( I thought a blue 600 and blue 1000 was a bit too blue !!! )  so I decided against it

Dea-ville

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 February 2017, 04:29:05 pm »
One mans "MINT CONDITION" is another mans bag o shite, i was looking at private sale & dealer bikes for around 3 months until i got my gen 1 1000 last week. I know i paid a bit over the odds with it being a dealer sale but the good uns aren't on sale for long, same old story though, i saw  many -20,000 mile bikes that were top dollar, as rough as a dogs arse & needed a good few hundred quid spending on them to get through the next M.O.T.

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 20 February 2017, 04:56:01 pm »
Was it this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FAZER-1000-/142277803880?hash=item21206aff68:g:VnsAAOSwtfhYob4jIt's blue S variant £3K ish and tyres look a bit worn and it's up north and doesn't look the cleanest Not sure but if the fairing says FZ1 over it would that be a US import ?? I think that was up for sale when I was looking for mine last year , I remember it as I was in the Lake District on holiday and thought about looking at it but I really wanted silver( I thought a blue 600 and blue 1000 was a bit too blue !!! )  so I decided against it

Yeah that's the one. The tyres look like they have been on a track. Probably a US import as you noticed as it's got side reflectors as well as the FZ1 decals. Apart from minor cosmetics I think the bikes are the same though, asked the question on here. Anyone in the North East got an immaculate, low mileage late Gen 1 I should be posting.. If I could get one as nice as my 600 I'd be happy.
« Last Edit: 20 February 2017, 04:58:13 pm by Carlsv8 »

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 February 2017, 05:14:08 pm »
I've actually been on both sides of this, albeit with cars. Travelled halfway across the country to look at a car that I'd swear wasn't the same one in the photos.
On the other hand, a bloke came to see a car I had for sale, loads of pictures in the ad, a complete list of what did and (more importantly) didn't come with the car. He didn't even knock on the door. I clocked him taking pictures of it from my bedroom window and before I'd got to the front door he'd fucked off. Then starts kicking off on the forum about how I was a con artist and how half the stuff in the ad was missing off the car. If he'd have bothered knocking the door he'd have seen the stuff was actually in my living room waiting for him.
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

markie_wales

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KTM 950 SuperEnduro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 February 2017, 11:13:01 am »
Someone posted this in sales:

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,21891.0.html

cheers

Markie

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 February 2017, 11:55:49 am »
Someone posted this in sales:

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,21891.0.html

cheers

Markie
Thanks Markie, big Fazer heading my way, savings now gone.

markie_wales

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KTM 950 SuperEnduro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 February 2017, 02:08:11 pm »
Thanks Markie, big Fazer heading my way, savings now gone.

Excellent! Glad to have helped  :D

cheers

Markie

ProdigalSon

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 February 2017, 04:54:48 pm »
I did a 200 mile round trip to look at a 52 plate Fazer 1000 at a second hand dealers in Harpenden which he'd described to me as in excellent condition, 15,000 miles, two owners from new. They hadn't even bothered to wash it properly the back wheel was still filthy, it had been down on it's right hand side, small dent in the left hand side of the tank and every single nut and bolt on it was rusty. This hadn't really shown up in the photos he'd sent, which appeared to have been taken using the estate agents book of photography. For sale at £2650 but he'd take £2500 for it, not off me he wouldn't.
I know at £2800 I paid over the odds for the 51 plate bike I bought only from photos from Nightingales of Rugby but the bike was one owner 17,000 miles from new and more importantly was exactly as described, immaculate. Even under the engine, main stand, rear shock etc. all immaculately clean. Gavin at Nightingales told me I wouldn't be disappointed and he was right. I know I'll get flamed for the price I paid but I'm happy with it which is what counts. :)

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 March 2017, 07:28:42 am »
I did a 200 mile round trip to look at a 52 plate Fazer 1000 at a second hand dealers in Harpenden which he'd described to me as in excellent condition, 15,000 miles, two owners from new. They hadn't even bothered to wash it properly the back wheel was still filthy, it had been down on it's right hand side, small dent in the left hand side of the tank and every single nut and bolt on it was rusty. This hadn't really shown up in the photos he'd sent, which appeared to have been taken using the estate agents book of photography. For sale at £2650 but he'd take £2500 for it, not off me he wouldn't.
I know at £2800 I paid over the odds for the 51 plate bike I bought only from photos from Nightingales of Rugby but the bike was one owner 17,000 miles from new and more importantly was exactly as described, immaculate. Even under the engine, main stand, rear shock etc. all immaculately clean. Gavin at Nightingales told me I wouldn't be disappointed and he was right. I know I'll get flamed for the price I paid but I'm happy with it which is what counts. :)
Paying a few extra quid in the grand scheme of things is nothing really. If you keep the bike for 5 years and paid an extra £500 it's a extra £2 a week for a bike worth having. Enjoy your new bike mate, looking forward to getting mine next week.