Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:24 am

Author Topic: Just do it  (Read 1974 times)

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Just do it
« on: 16 March 2012, 10:42:46 pm »
So finally got my bike back together, with new R6 shock (courtesy of Devilsyam) and chain and sprockets. Gotta say, though I've only ridden it in traffic around town, the improvement in handling is immediately obvious. The ride feels firmer without being harsh and choppy, it turns in easier and, for me, gives it a better, more front biased riding position. So good news so far, I'm planning on getting out in the countryside this weekend so it should give me a better idea of how much of an improvement the shock gives. If anyones thinking about upgrading the rear suspension on their bike, give Devilsyam a shout on here, before looking at other more expensive upgrades. The shock kit comes ready to fit, its a straight swap and the finish, very professional.  Even if you do get called muppet!

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Just do it
« Reply #1 on: 17 March 2012, 07:46:10 am »
 :rolleyes
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 March 2012, 11:57:35 am »
Even if you do get called muppet!
Thats Devilsyam for yer, tels it like it is. But he does do and have quality stuff :-)

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 March 2012, 10:05:20 pm »
Took the bike out today for a decent ride in the country and tho the road conditions were crap (literally!) I found I had more confidence in the front and rear, plus, I have a bit more weight on the handle bars, which I prefer, so thumbs up on that one and thanks to all the folk on here who have tried and tested these various different mods and a big thanks to Luke for doing the kit.
Just one little issue, which I suspect can be rectified easily, the bike as I've said feels good round bends, but have noticed it seems to bounce a bit on the straight bits, almost a see saw motion, doesn't affect the handling but was n't there before. Any clues/ideas please?

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 March 2012, 10:46:07 pm »
Luke will be your man for this, but at a guess is the front sag and damping setup for your weight..? The first thing to do is set the static sag and damping on the forks to stock.

Static sag on the front is easy and can be done by yourself with cables ties and a 14mm ring spanner. To set the compression and rebound damping(I think the comp is at the top and the rebound at the bottom, but dont quote me on that). If like some of use you havent touched bottom adjusters, squirt a bit of penetrating fluid AC90/WD40 the night before.

Then the next day go out for a ride and adjust the damping settings click at a time untill you find what works for you.