Date: 28-03-24  Time: 10:58 am

Author Topic: Gear indicator.  (Read 7382 times)

Ricky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Gear indicator.
« Reply #25 on: 05 March 2017, 02:48:46 pm »
Hi Robbo,  do you think you could  post some pictures  of the installation and may be a written account  of how you wired  the Gipro x. I am thinking  of buying  one and any help would  be great. Pictures of the mounting bracket  and position would  help to.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05 March 2017, 03:32:41 pm »

Hi Robbo,  do you think you could  post some pictures  of the installation and may be a written account  of how you wired  the Gipro x. I am thinking  of buying  one and any help would  be great. Pictures of the mounting bracket  and position would  help to.

Hi Ricky if you decide to buy a GiiPro X I have one 'Brand New' still in the packaging that is for sale, I purchased it with the intention of fitting it to my FZS 600 2003 but I decided against, it one of the reasons is I have damage wrists and arthritis in my fingers and to try to do that fine wiring type work is to much for me, i'm ok spinning spanners but delicate work I have lost my dexterity.

The reason I was going to fit one is I keep hooking up for another gear when already in 6th and there aint no 7th.

The colour display I purchased is Green as I thought the neutral light is Green it seemed to fit somehow.
Anyway below is a picture of the GiPro X and the harness for the FSZ600. if your interested I paid £99-99.
Below it cut and pasted from my eBay account so you can see what I paid and also when I made the purchase.

It is now hanging on a hook in my Home Office looking for a home. I am happy to let you have it for no payment to me as long as you promise to put twenty quid in a Cancer Hospice type charity box.
Post in here if you want it, if not, the offer is open to the first person to message me , I await your reply Ricky.

Also below is a picture that I am just about to take so you can see the GiPro X and harness as it is right now you can see this post in the background on my computer.
Remember though don't forget the Charity Box. :thumbup :thumbup

ORDER DATE
07 Feb, 2017

ORDER TOTAL

£99.99

Free P&P

Order Healtech GIpro X-Type Motorcycle Digital Gear Indicator - GREEN DIGI

[size=0.86em]Leave Feedback[/size][size=0.86em]View order detailsMore actions
1 item sold by
yourmoto.bike[/size][size=0.86em]Healtech GIpro X-Type Motorcycle Digital Gear Indicator - GREEN DIGI
( 182260390934 )

Estimated delivery Thu, 09 Feb - Fri, 10 Feb

[/c]

ITEM PRICE:£99.99[/size]ORDER DATE
01 Feb, 2017
« Last Edit: 05 March 2017, 03:37:21 pm by tommyardin »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 05 March 2017, 03:43:34 pm »
Thats a nice offer tommy , for a good cause aswell   :thumbup .....think your selling it a bit cheap though , how about a foc-u auction , goes to the highest bidder.........
One, is never going to be enough.....

Woodzey80

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 05 March 2017, 03:50:42 pm »
I use 1 of these, highly recommended !
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400496375779

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 05 March 2017, 03:54:31 pm »
Thats a nice offer tommy , for a good cause aswell   :thumbup .....think your selling it a bit cheap though , how about a foc-u auction , goes to the highest bidder.........

Tell you what I have offered it to Ricky now so won't change my mind, but if Ricky is not interested to Auction it will go.

Ricky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 05 March 2017, 04:33:39 pm »
Hi tommyardin that is a very generous  offer, thank you,I will take it off you and I do promise to but the money in to the charity. My Mum  deid of cancer  and was a supporter  of  her local  hospice.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 March 2017, 05:10:39 pm »
Blimey Ricky, you've had a right result. Unfortunately I'm too old and stupid to know how to post pictures. All that photobucket stuff is beyond me :lol . What you're asking for would be ideal as the job is being done and the bikes in bits. I fitted my display directly above the rev counter/speedo housing. If you take off the windscreen the available mounting points will be obvious. I just messed about with a cornflakes packet and scissors until I'd fashioned a suitable bracket shape, then traced that onto a scrap of alloy, job done. Other than hooking up to a switched live, all the connections are made under the right hand panel below the seat. The supplied wiring harness just plugs in series into the Speed Sensor coupler. The instructions you get with it are very straight forward. I'll be looking out for your "how to fit a GiPro X-type" article in the near future.  :thumbup
« Last Edit: 05 March 2017, 06:52:49 pm by robbo »
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Ricky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 March 2017, 05:19:38 pm »
I to have no idea  how to post pictures or write a report  lol but I am sure there  are people  out there that can, and can not wait  to tell us lol.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 March 2017, 05:26:44 pm »
In my case it will need to be explained as if for the under 5's. :rollin :rollin
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 March 2017, 06:42:35 pm »
Hi tommyardin that is a very generous  offer, thank you,I will take it off you and I do promise to but the money in to the charity. My Mum  deid of cancer  and was a supporter  of  her local  hospice.

Your Welcome Ricky, as it would have just stayed in the office on the hook until I got fed up with it looking at me taking the P--s cos I'm an old arthritic old coffin dodger LOL!

Message me with your address and I will put it in the post tomorrow.

I know where your coming from and sorry to hear about your Mum, I had a similar experience with both my in-laws Dad-in law 2 years ago Mum-in-law a few months ago.
I know we all have to go because of something but there are much nicer ways of going.
Put the £20 into the hospice Mum supported.
tommy 

Ricky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 05 March 2017, 06:54:47 pm »
Hi Tommy  I have sent email

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05 March 2017, 08:48:08 pm »

OK Richard got your email if you respond that would be good.
tommy
 :thumbup

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05 March 2017, 08:50:52 pm »
No Auction lads, glad to say that the GiPro has gone to a good home.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 March 2017, 10:32:05 am »

Ricky,
Posted it 1st class this morning (Mon) should be with you by Weds.
tommy

Ricky

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 06 March 2017, 04:42:19 pm »
Thanks Tom.

Tony5587

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 25 May 2018, 11:28:26 pm »
New here.
Yesterday I fitted a Digital gear indicator from Datatool, bought from ebay, new for £32....Pretty straight forward to install and "teach".Went out for a ride today and it works a treat! It only indicates the new gear when the clutch is released.
Yamaha Fazer FZS 1000 2001