Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer8 / FZ8

New to a Fazer

(1/3) > >>

KENT62:
Hello.  Just bought a 2013 Fazer 8.  Awaiting delivery.  Top tips on owning/modifying?

darrenc:
Morning, i wouldnt worry too much about modifying it at this stage. would get out and ride it first, see what you like/dislike about it and go from there. As its a cold, wet horrible time of year i would concentrate on buying decent gear to make your ride more comfortable and enjoyable. Then once you have done a few thousand miles on her at various speeds on various roads you will know if you like the tyres, suspension, brakes, overall handling etc etc.

KENT62:
Thanks for that.  I just wondered whether anyone had come across anything they consider essential changes for the bike.  Fully intending to be a mainly fair weather rider :D .  Had lots of Jap 4s in the past and love them, so the Fazer appealed as soon as I saw it.

Grandma:
I agree, had my 2012 Fazer 8 since Sept 2012 as ex demo, absolutely love it, previously has 5PW R1, which  have given to my son, and Gen1 Fazer 1000 which I loved but 50 kgs heavier than R1 so after 2 years reluctantly found it a new home, it had been Ivanised so nearly as quick as R1 but I am 9 stone and 5'6" so bit of an unequal struggle, briefly had the Gen 2 which I hated, hence the 8.
Does touring, track days commuting, all I have added is heated grips.

KENT62:
Nice bike.  And nice to know you haven't found the need to change it at all.  Mine arrives on Tuesday.  Can't wait.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version