Date: 19-04-24  Time: 02:05 am

Author Topic: Road Rage.  (Read 4298 times)

Fazer99

• Club Racer
  • Private sign do not read
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
Road Rage.
« on: 20 December 2016, 09:28:34 am »
I was a bit silly this morning, as some asshole in a black fiesta fecking pulled out infront of me on a roundabout early this morning and very nearly took me out so I stupidly chased the foccer shouting at him and giving him all the hand signals I could think of, I was so close to smashing pieces of his car off but thankfully I managed to snap out of it and get well clear, so pulled into a side road and calmed down. The twat just looked at me with a blank face as if he had done nothing wrong.

It was very stupid of me to chase him as I put myself and others in possible danger, but it just goes to show how easy anger can take over your actions.

I'm just glad I was able to snap out of it when I did as I was all ready to drag the twat headed hoodie baseball cap wearing little foccer out of the car and beat the little shit to a pulp.

Stay safe everyone and don't let this happen to you.
RIP my beautiful red beast 1999 to 2017 😭🏍😭

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
Re: Road Rage.
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2016, 04:29:35 pm »
We've all been there. You forget that chasing puts you in more danger as a biker, especially as your road concentration goes. Having said that, I did manage to punch a similar arseholes wing mirror off when he stopped in a queue of traffic. It did give me some satisfaction  :D

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2016, 06:53:08 pm »
As they say, everybody makes mistakes that's why cars have bumpers and pencils have rubbers.

I must say I'm quite tolerant of mistakes but quite intolerant of bad, dangerous and/or stupid drivers.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2016, 10:23:20 pm »
As they say, everybody makes mistakes that's why cars have bumpers, pencils have rubbers and bike gloves are armoured along with tough boots.

I must say I'm quite tolerant of mistakes but quite intolerant of bad, dangerous and/or stupid drivers.

Fixed that for you fella  :thumbup
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2016, 07:40:44 am »
As they say, everybody makes mistakes that's why cars have bumpers, pencils have rubbers and bike gloves are armoured along with tough boots.

Fixed that for you fella  :thumbup

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Thanks guys, that perked me up as I was feeling quite shitty all day yesterday. I think it just worried me that I let myself get that angry as normally I would just shout out "YOU CUNT" and revv the engine and that would be it, but I really wanted to turn the guys face into jam.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2016, 01:05:01 pm »
One or two cars (could be more) used to be driving round with dented doors courtesy of the steel toe capped bike boots I used to wear.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 December 2016, 10:41:39 pm »
When I used to go to work every day on the bike, traffic upsets would happen. My response to them changed after it occurred to me that every day i was travelling with the same cars around me. My thoughts went on the lines of one day a car cuts me up and I respond, great, but what about the days to follow, if you have upset a real nutter you could fine out how vulnerable motorcyclists are.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 December 2016, 07:23:57 am »
When I used to go to work every day on the bike, traffic upsets would happen. My response to them changed after it occurred to me that every day i was travelling with the same cars around me. My thoughts went on the lines of one day a car cuts me up and I respond, great, but what about the days to follow, if you have upset a real nutter you could fine out how vulnerable motorcyclists are.

That is true. However, I'm not going to live in fear of one day finding that nutter, if someone endangers my life I'm going to let them know that they have been a dick, but not chasing them like i did.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 December 2016, 08:09:12 am »
We've all been there fella!
I ride a bit like Elsa from Frozen now . . . Let it go  :guitar  let it go  :D
Honestly very little surprises me with Cagers these days, it's about time they put a 'bike safety' module into either the theory or the practical car test.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 December 2016, 08:13:31 am »
We've all been there fella!
I ride a bit like Elsa from Frozen now . . . Let it go  :guitar  let it go  :D
Honestly very little surprises me with Cagers these days, it's about time they put a 'bike safety' module into either the theory or the practical car test.

:rollin :rollin

I completely agree that they should put some kind of bike safety module into getting a driving licence.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #10 on: 22 December 2016, 11:55:27 am »
They should not allow anyone behind the wheel of a car until they have passed their CBT on a bike as a minimum. Better still , ban anyone from sitting behind the wheel of a car until they can evidence at least 100 hours of on-road bike experience.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 December 2016, 12:18:44 pm »
I've always admired the respect given to motor cyclists by car and truck drivers in France. I put this down to the fact that the majority started off on a ped as a 14 year old and are well aware of the issues of wet roads, manhole covers, cow shit on the road etc.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 December 2016, 12:32:59 pm »
theres are bad drivers every where.
its best to curse to yourself ,its not worth it chasing after them coz of bad driving.
you just don't know who you are dealing with.
they may have a knife ,gun ,club or what ever.
remember kenneth noye who stabbed another young driver.
its just not worth it .
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 December 2016, 01:17:03 pm »
theres are bad drivers every where.
its best to curse to yourself ,its not worth it chasing after them coz of bad driving.
you just don't know who you are dealing with.
they may have a knife ,gun ,club or what ever.
remember kenneth noye who stabbed another young driver.
its just not worth it .
In the early '90's I got attacked by a cage driver with a saw whilst cycling to work. Managed to swerve out of the way but the resulting crash put me off work for a month. The bloke got done for a very minor charge. There's certainly some maniacs out there for sure.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

mogster

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - no
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 December 2016, 12:13:23 am »
it is very easy to get taken away in the moment no matter what you ride/drive
ive over reacted to a cager and had a cattypult fired at the back of mine'
this made me wind my neck in,  as the wise person says let shit go :\

DILLIGAFF

• Muppet

Plucking foccer
    Official FOC-U Saga Lout
    Kock Leeper
  • GP Hero
  • Leeper of cocks
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 31 December 2016, 12:31:29 pm »
The real sadness is that most will have no idea of why you are so enraged and therefore will go on to do it again.
I used to not give a foc, then I discovered Red Bull and now I don't give a flying foc !!!

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 January 2017, 06:03:48 pm »
They should not allow anyone behind the wheel of a car until they have passed their CBT on a bike as a minimum. Better still , ban anyone from sitting behind the wheel of a car until they can evidence at least 100 hours of on-road bike experience.

If that were the case I'd suggest the same for both sides of the fence. Everyone should be required to have time spent on both a bike AND in a car. I've known one or two sole bikers who could do with spending some time behind the wheel of a car

We're all motorists after all and although some groups will live up to certain stereotypes more than others, we should all be willing to improve ourselves

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 January 2017, 07:05:55 pm »

If that were the case I'd suggest the same for both sides of the fence. Everyone should be required to have time spent on both a bike AND in a car. I've known one or two sole bikers who could do with spending some time behind the wheel of a car

We're all motorists after all and although some groups will live up to certain stereotypes more than others, we should all be willing to improve ourselves

Not arguing with you on that point as yes there are a lot of bikers out there that really could do with some extra road training. However, the point is that bikers are more vulnerable due to car drivers not looking or knowing where to look, plus you go through more intensive training and tests to get a bike licence than you do to get a car licence, so maybe they should introduce mod 1 & 2 tests for getting a car licence.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 January 2017, 08:10:05 pm »

Not arguing with you on that point as yes there are a lot of bikers out there that really could do with some extra road training. However, the point is that bikers are more vulnerable due to car drivers not looking or knowing where to look, plus you go through more intensive training and tests to get a bike licence than you do to get a car licence, so maybe they should introduce mod 1 & 2 tests for getting a car licence.

Would this training include caravan towing blocking single track roads  :D
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 January 2017, 08:27:38 pm »

Would this training include caravan towing blocking single track roads  :D

Sounds good to me  :D

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 January 2017, 09:36:47 pm »

Fair points, well made :) Though strangely I feel as though I went through less training to get my motorcycle licence than I did for my car licence.

I did about 15 months of driving (my dad taught me) to get my car licence whereas I went from zero experience to having a full motorcycle licence in just under a month and a half due to Direct Access. Though of course you can do the same sort of thing with car licences as well

But again, the laws regarding motorcycle training have changed yet again since I did it. Also, the Mod 1 and Mod 2 tests are in place due to EU law requirements regarding speed. One of the tests requires you to accelerate to at least 50kph which is above the street legal 30mph in the UK and as such, this has to be performed off of the public highway creating the split between Mod 1 and 2 - though I'm sure most of you are aware of that :) That being said, practicing those manoeuvres off road is useful

One other quick thought... getting a licence almost seems a bit like standardised tests for education. You are taught how to pass a test more than you are taught how to perform the task - for some that's not a problem as we can easily understand how to transfer the skills to real life. But for others, they never fully take on board what they are being taught and end up as some of the most dangerous drivers on the roads

Fazer99

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - VFR800FI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 January 2017, 07:32:02 am »

Fair points, well made :) Though strangely I feel as though I went through less training to get my motorcycle licence than I did for my car licence.

I did about 15 months of driving (my dad taught me) to get my car licence whereas I went from zero experience to having a full motorcycle licence in just under a month and a half due to Direct Access. Though of course you can do the same sort of thing with car licences as well

But again, the laws regarding motorcycle training have changed yet again since I did it. Also, the Mod 1 and Mod 2 tests are in place due to EU law requirements regarding speed. One of the tests requires you to accelerate to at least 50kph which is above the street legal 30mph in the UK and as such, this has to be performed off of the public highway creating the split between Mod 1 and 2 - though I'm sure most of you are aware of that :) That being said, practicing those manoeuvres off road is useful

One other quick thought... getting a licence almost seems a bit like standardised tests for education. You are taught how to pass a test more than you are taught how to perform the task - for some that's not a problem as we can easily understand how to transfer the skills to real life. But for others, they never fully take on board what they are being taught and end up as some of the most dangerous drivers on the roads

I think a lot of it would be down to how good the instructors are as one of my car instructors was shite as they gave me out dated study information for my theory test causing me to fail several times also he didn't have a fecking clue when it came to directing me as he tried sending me down roads where there were no roads plus he tried sending me down the wrong way down a oneway street. As for getting my bike licance via Direct Access the instructors at the riding school I went to worked to such a high standard it was unreal they didn't just teach you how to pass the test they went the extra mile and gave a few lessons on some of the things you would learn on an advanced riding course.