Date: 16-04-24  Time: 19:39 pm

Author Topic: Fazer 8 again  (Read 2932 times)

tork

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Fazer 8 again
« on: 10 December 2016, 07:30:14 pm »
i sold my 12 plate blue fazer 8 about 18 months and only realised now just what a good bike it had been to me. I traded it in and another local bike shop took it and sold it in their shop instead. I was never going to be happy until I got it back so took it for a test ride and it put a great smile on my face. I pick it up next week.
I issue I have is going into corners I feel the front wants to tuck in. Is this normal for the 8 or is it the tyres. I am thinking of changing them for PR3's. any thoughts on tyre change?  :rolleyes

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Fazer 8 again
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2016, 09:10:54 pm »
Could be the rebound set to hard, try returning it to the standard 8 clicks out from full in on both legs

what is the preload set to, how many lines showing on both legs

All settings should be the same on both sides

Do you know if the previous owner had any work done on the forks.

tork

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2016, 12:02:26 pm »
Thanks for your reply unfazed. I don't pick the bike up until Thursday. It's a 12 plate and the first fazer 8 model therefore did not have adjustable suspension so nothing has been done to alter the ride quality. Not sure if it could be the tyres. Not sure what they are yet. I actually bought this bike as a pre reg in 2013 then sold it 2 years later and am now buying it back from the bike shop without it having any other owners.
I'll go into the bike shop on Tuesday and ask them to have a look at it. It's always wanted to tuck in at the front so I've always had to fight with it to get it to go round corners! It will be great to get it sorted out. Not sure if a new shock would be the answer?

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2016, 12:38:07 pm »
Increase the fork spring preload as this will increase the front ride height which should help.
The Michelin pr4 or 3 would reduce it if it has sports type tyres on it.
Check it the front forks also to see if they have been raised through the yolks.

Incorrect pressure  or worn tyres would  have a profound effect on handling also

tork

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2016, 02:46:49 pm »
I'll check all that then unfazed and will put some pr3 tyres on them. Thanks again for all your help. I'll let you know how I get on. Looking forward to getting the bike on Thursday.  :)

tork

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 December 2016, 08:43:12 pm »
I picked up my Fazer 8 today. I had the shop stick on pr3's tyres to replace the OE ones which made it hard to drop into corners and did not inspire confidence when turning. I got on the bike, rode 20 metres up to the give way then turned right and immediately knew that the bike was riding differently. The bike felt brilliant and neutral taking it into the corners. What a difference a change of tyres make especially great tyres like the pr3's.
So, thanks very much 'Unfazed' for your advice. I'm really satisfied and delighted with my purchase. Just for to wait for the good weather to arrive... :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 February 2017, 08:12:28 pm »
Go really steady on those new tyres for a time while you scuff them in, I would hate this to happen, this guy is really pleased with his purchase, he bought new leathers and gloves to match his brand new Gixers colour scheme.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 February 2017, 08:13:15 pm »
anyone got a tissue

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 February 2017, 08:22:50 pm »
anyone got a tissue
Do you want some baby oil as well?

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 February 2017, 08:50:27 pm »
No sod that I got a job to grip this little thing without making it all slippy :lol