Date: 25-04-24  Time: 10:22 am

Author Topic: Fazer 600 Link Pipe  (Read 2419 times)

Html33

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - Fazer
    • View Profile
Fazer 600 Link Pipe
« on: 10 December 2016, 07:27:08 pm »
 Hi Guys

So my Fazer 600 2000 has a Micron end can, stainless steel downpipes and link pipe, it was pretty much silent.
 I wanted to give it a bit of a growl so have cut the end can from what was 19inch to 11inch and removed the baffle from the link pipe....

Holy crap it is insanely loud as pretty much a straight through pipe now, now wearing ear plugs  :'(
 Regrettably i would like to reverse the effect and quieten it down a little and thought I'd start with the link pipe.

If anyone has an spare link pipe sitting around, please let me know will obviously pay

Video to follow tomorrow...
 Regards

daviee

Re: Fazer 600 Link Pipe
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2016, 08:01:32 pm »
most link pipes are strait through think only motad has baffles i might be wrong though

bryaneidins

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Car
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2016, 07:58:44 am »
The motad exhaust on my bike has a removable baffle. I just removed mine and its now a lovely deep burble.

Html33

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - Fazer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2016, 12:17:28 pm »
most link pipes are strait through think only motad has baffles i might be wrong though

Mine was not a straight through that much I do know. I had to cut / smash the end baffle out...

The motad exhaust on my bike has a removable baffle. I just removed mine and its now a lovely deep burble.

The end can does not have any support for a DB Killer / Removable baffle although they are only one allen key and slide in so could make it accept one by drilling a hole.
I keep meaning to get a video to show as mine is now more than a deep burble!

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #4 on: 23 February 2017, 10:23:33 pm »
you can spend a lot of money and get nowhere with this one.
your best off looking for a new slip on with a removable baffle

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 February 2017, 06:23:29 am »
A "link pipe" is as it says on the tin, it's the small middle pipe that is straight through, literally just a tube, it won't be baffled as it would be a stupid place to do it.

If you want a decibel killer baffle for the end can you can get universal ones on Ebay that are normally held in place by one nut and bolt, but you will have to add a hole to the exhaust to fit it if there isn't one already.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=dbkiller+baffle&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdb+killer+baffle.TRS0&_nkw=db+killer+baffle&_sacat=0
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: 24 February 2017, 08:56:34 am »
:agree

The link pipe is the short pipe that connects the downpipes to the end can.
Baffles are in the end can.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24 February 2017, 12:43:57 pm »
:agree

The link pipe is the short pipe that connects the downpipes to the end can.
Baffles are in the end can.
Did a bit of googling this may not be the case so he's whacked out the baffle in the link pipe which the picture shows is in the link making the end can look straight through I suppose then cut down a can that was not baffled
Answer throw away what's left it's toast and start again with a new can and link that's not micron
« Last Edit: 24 February 2017, 12:47:52 pm by Graham53 »

daviee

« Reply #8 on: 24 February 2017, 07:44:26 pm »
the noise will be coming from the size of the can its too small get a new can the link pipe will be fine the baffle in them dont make that much difference

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #9 on: 24 February 2017, 11:28:39 pm »
+graham53 --- they baffled the link pipe ?? are they retarded all that does is create a resonance back pressure increase in a way that only the engine gets it, making it harder to breathe, when a can holds it back it has some deadening in the exhaust packing which reduces it aswell as creating a lower back pressure which means less back pressure to the engine (ooh i already see the physics arguements coming out of this one) - check out exhaust resonance in 4 stroke engines to get really baffled (no pun intended) by science.

bikemad

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 February 2017, 08:27:10 pm »
I've got the same exhaust the link pipe is a larger diameter so the perforated inner tube is the same size as the oem one & it's straight though,but I'd assume it has wadding inside ? to deaden sound the rear box has a baffle I cannot remove its too tight I've tried !
Stuff everything I've always got my bike :)