Date: 16-04-24  Time: 22:52 pm

Author Topic: Ace Cafe Toy Run - This Sunday  (Read 1535 times)

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Ace Cafe Toy Run - This Sunday
« on: 09 December 2016, 04:12:33 pm »
Hi Guys,

Mr Stig can't get on line at the mo but has asked if anyone if doing the ACE cafe toy run this Sunday?  If you are and have his mobile please contact him, if not, post on here and I'll let him know.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Ace Cafe Toy Run - This Sunday
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2016, 09:17:06 pm »
Got a rough idea what it is but never been on it before and interested in doing but could you post up the full details like meet times and where and if you have to confirm going or just turn up ?.

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2016, 08:01:50 am »
I googled it for you, I've never done the ACE cafe one so can't help I'm afraid.  Mr Stig just asked if I would see if anyone is up for it.  PM me your number and I'll pass it on if you are interested.

Meet Name:
Xmas Toy Run 10.30am

Start Time:
10:30 AM

End Time:
10:30 AM

Meet Details:
St Mary's (Paddington)
Royal Brompton (Chelsea)
Evelina Children's Hospital (Westminster)
TBC

As always, any surplus gifts will be distributed to various children's homes and groups.

Please bring gifts that are unwrapped

Because of allergies hospitals advise against stuffed toys and sweets - the nursing staff however may appreciate some sweeties!

On returning to the cafe, there will be prizes for the "Best Dressed Bike" and the "Best Dressed Rider" - and a hot cuppa!

NB: On the morning of the run, please check in at the cafe with “Toy Run Ron”, who once again is kindly looking after the logistic involved with this special occasion!

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 December 2016, 07:31:41 am »
Hope you were able to go, it is an amazing event, with more bikes attending each year, used to help marshall the actual ride with the help of the Police of course, who trained us to help them and hold traffic at junctions and traffic lights so the riders could progress safely without hold ups. No longer have the time sadly, but a very worthwhile and enjpoyable day
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous