Date: 24-04-24  Time: 11:17 am

Author Topic: newbie intro...  (Read 1028 times)

classicwhitey

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
newbie intro...
« on: 06 December 2016, 09:24:01 pm »
Hi guys, thought its time i introduced myself on here....

ive been riding for just over a year now & loving it. after passing my test i got an 04 fazer(exhaust under seat) - would that make it an S2?

In june this year i went on my first tour to Europe with friends taking in the battlefield of Belgium & France and had an amazing time, i cant believe its taken so long for me to exsperience life on two wheels.

Shortly after buying the bike i soon found a comon problem of the front sprocket nut coming undone ( in my case it came off followed by the sprocket, luckily it just spun on the shaft & didnt lock the rear wheel)

In August i dropped the bike on a roundabout breaking the front fairing & headlight mount, i havent ridden since as i cant seem to find the spares for my model - every other fazer is no problem lol.

So, nice to meet you all,
Rob.

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: newbie intro...
« Reply #1 on: 09 December 2016, 07:31:41 pm »
Welcome to the site. What a miserable lot they must be on here for it to take three days to be acknowledged  :'( .
Hope you soon get the parts you need to fix the bike. I think the front sprocket nut is only a problem on certain builds of the FZS600 which had an undersized thread on the shaft. That is the model before yours so it could be it was not torque up correctly on your bike.
Safe riding.

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 December 2016, 07:36:10 pm »
hiya but, welcome to the wonder full world of the fazer,  I am sure someone will help you out. ;)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2016, 05:25:27 pm »
Hi classicwhitey
Try putting an ad in the for sale and wanted section for the parts you need , there may be someone who's got them or can point you in the right direction.
It's a friendly site with a lot of knowledgeable people on all things fazer.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2016, 10:49:47 pm »
Welcome classicwhitey. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out and get you up and running. As Graham53 said, plenty of members scan the sales section so that's the best place to start. Enjoy and good luck. :thumbup
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2016, 08:20:37 am »
Hello and welcome :)