Date: 24-04-24  Time: 23:32 pm

Author Topic: shop security tag,  (Read 1381 times)

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
shop security tag,
« on: 21 November 2016, 07:40:12 pm »
I have just bought my wife a xmas present and they left the security tag on,       as i left all the alarms went of,     I then went in to Halfords the same thing again ,       anyway I got home and took it of  very carefully   and just glued it on my mothers shoe.      merry xmas. :lol
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: shop security tag,
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2016, 07:57:10 pm »
I have just bought my wife a xmas present and they left the security tag on,       as i left all the alarms went of,     I then went in to Halfords the same thing again ,       anyway I got home and took it of  very carefully   and just glued it on my mothers shoe.      merry xmas. :lol
:D :D :D
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 November 2016, 08:48:47 pm »
 :lol :lol :lol  She'll forgive you........one day.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2016, 07:06:03 am »
I worked in a clothes shop for 4 years in the early 90's in London's Oxford Street, and one day this woman loaded with shopping bags bought something from us then promptly set the alarms off as she tried to exit the store.
So i called her back in, and apologised, explaining we must've accidentally left a tag on.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, about 20+ minutes later, after we'd rifled through every item in every bag she had we now had to move on to searching her person.
Totally embarrassed by now, the woman was in a right state, even though we just wanted to sort it out for her and were doing everything as politely as possible, but we knew from experience that shoplifters come in all disguises.
It eventually turned out that some bastard had nicked something in the shop then thrown the security tag in the hood of her coat!
We couldn't apologise enough and she certainly took the situation a damned sight better than i would've done, but if the alarm went off we just had to check it out.
I got to learn all the tricks over the years, and found there are some very devious thieving bastards out there, i personally stick to shopping online now, it's far less bother.  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2016, 09:19:37 am »
I saw someone in B&Q once try to steal something really cheap. I can't remember what it was but it was about the size and value of a packet of screws. The security guard was searching her and getting her to walk through the detectors and every time she did so she swapped something between her hands and the bloke missed it every time. Until I pointed it out to him. FFS if you're going to knick something make it worth getting a record for!
Malc

Old enough to know better.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2016, 12:31:25 pm »
I worked in a clothes shop for 4 years in the early 90's in London's Oxford Street, and one day this woman loaded with shopping bags bought something from us then promptly set the alarms off as she tried to exit the store.
So i called her back in, and apologised, explaining we must've accidentally left a tag on.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, about 20+ minutes later, after we'd rifled through every item in every bag she had we now had to move on to searching her person.
Totally embarrassed by now, the woman was in a right state, even though we just wanted to sort it out for her and were doing everything as politely as possible, but we knew from experience that shoplifters come in all disguises.
It eventually turned out that some bastard had nicked something in the shop then thrown the security tag in the hood of her coat!
We couldn't apologise enough and she certainly took the situation a damned sight better than i would've done, but if the alarm went off we just had to check it out.
I got to learn all the tricks over the years, and found there are some very devious thieving bastards out there, i personally stick to shopping online now, it's far less bother.  :lol

That was one of my standard pranks when I was a kid. Never knicked anything but taking the security tags off and hiding them on random shoppers was the highlight of my saturdays 😂😂