Date: 19-04-24  Time: 22:32 pm

Author Topic: Yet again big business shafts the little people  (Read 1100 times)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
Yet again big business shafts the little people
« on: 18 November 2016, 05:13:36 pm »
© Sky News Screen Grab How VW Scandal Has Hit Trust In Big Car Brands
 Volkswagen (VW) is to cut its workforce by 30,000 over the next five years as it acts to save costs following the diesel emissions scandal.
 The German carmaker said it was committed to no compulsory redundancies under the union deal, with 23,000 of the positions to go at factories in its home market and the rest in North America and Brazil.
 VW said the job losses were "socially acceptable" as it prepared... to relaunch the brand by 2020 - tainted by the rollout of software in 11 million diesel vehicles that was designed to cheat emission testing. SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE???
 SO IS THIS ALSO SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE........Martin Winterkorn, faced with the company's widening crisis over its rigging of emissions tests, announced his resignation as CEO of Volkswagen Group Wednesday. He is likely to leave with a pension valued around $32 million, and possibly with many millions more, depending on what the board decides regarding his severance payment.
 According to the company's most recent annual report, Winterkorn had amassed a pension worth €28.6 million ($32 million) at the end of last year. And despite the scandal enveloping the German auto giant over its admission that it cheated on its diesel emissions data, compensation experts predict he'll receive it. Yet again the common man and woman getting shafted because of some other CEO FUC-UP. Bet if Adolf had still been around this fucker would not be getting €32 million.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Yet again big business shafts the little people
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2016, 07:08:55 pm »
 Volkswagen (VW) is to cut its workforce by 30,000 over the next five years as it acts to save costs following the diesel emissions scandal.
 The German carmaker said it was committed to no compulsory redundancies under the union deal, with 23,000 of the positions to go at factories in its home market and the rest in North America and Brazil.
 VW said the job losses were "socially acceptable" as it prepared... to relaunch the brand by 2020 - tainted by the rollout of software in 11 million diesel vehicles that was designed to cheat emission testing. SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE???
 SO IS THIS ALSO SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE........Martin Winterkorn, faced with the company's widening crisis over its rigging of emissions tests, announced his resignation as CEO of Volkswagen Group Wednesday. He is likely to leave with a pension valued around $32 million, and possibly with many millions more, depending on what the board decides regarding his severance payment.
 According to the company's most recent annual report, Winterkorn had amassed a pension worth €28.6 million ($32 million) at the end of last year. And despite the scandal enveloping the German auto giant over its admission that it cheated on its diesel emissions data, compensation experts predict he'll receive it. Yet again the common man and woman getting shafted because of some other CEO FUC-UP. Bet if Adolf had still been around this fucker would not be getting €32 million.

Ich würde seine Hoden in einer Autotür zerquetschen  :lol

A fitting punishment
« Last Edit: 18 November 2016, 07:10:28 pm by tommyardin »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2016, 07:37:11 pm »
I was surprised at the lack of publicity regarding the recent (July), 2.9 billion euro fine levied against Europes major truck manufacturers. A price fixing cartel existed for 14 years, 1997-2011, which inflated prices by an average of £9k per truck. The firms were MAN, which I think are VW owned, Volvo/Renault, Daimler, Iveco and DAF. Apparently Scania are still being investigated. Needless to say loads of compensation claims to be dealt with.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2016, 08:11:25 am »

A fitting punishment

I did have to google that, you get my vote , I will offer my services to be door man. ;)
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 November 2016, 06:20:45 pm »

A fitting punishment

I did have to google that, you get my vote , I will offer my services to be door man. ;)

lol
Make sure I am well out the way when the door slams. :eek

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2016, 07:27:44 pm »
And now the mayor of London says they owe 2.5 million in congestion charge as their cars were getting free congestion charge falsely , that'll be a bonus for someone and european P45 for others