Author Topic: Forks  (Read 1318 times)

MB61YAM

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Forks
« on: 24 September 2016, 07:22:06 pm »
when I refit my Reactive fettled forks is there anything in particular to check, I am using all new bolts apart from the wheel spindle, the new Yamaha ones are much better quality, the top hat spacer seems to fit one way but the parts schematic show it the other way ?, just any tips would be helpful, thought I might pull the pads and clean the calipers whilst I was at it too. Any ideas on torques settings for various fork retaining bolts ?[/size]odd thing on my Fazer 8, six bolts to hold the mudguard on, six bolts to hold the forks in, seems oddthanks for any info

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Forks
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2016, 09:31:27 pm »
when I refit my Reactive fettled forks is there anything in particular to check, I am using all new bolts apart from the wheel spindle, the new Yamaha ones are much better quality, the top hat spacer seems to fit one way but the parts schematic show it the other way ?, just any tips would be helpful, thought I might pull the pads and clean the calipers whilst I was at it too. Any ideas on torques settings for various fork retaining bolts ?odd thing on my Fazer 8, six bolts to hold the mudguard on, six bolts to hold the forks in, seems oddthanks for any info

when I refit my Reactive fettled forks is there anything in particular to check, I am using all new bolts apart from the wheel spindle, the new Yamaha ones are much better quality, the top hat spacer seems to fit one way but the parts schematic show it the other way ?, just any tips would be helpful, thought I might pull the pads and clean the calipers whilst I was at it too. Any ideas on torques settings for various fork retaining bolts ? odd thing on my Fazer 8, six bolts to hold the mudguard on, six bolts to hold the forks in, seems odd thanks for any info

Text Sorted