Date: 24-04-24  Time: 07:54 am

Author Topic: FZ1S or Fazer 8  (Read 2143 times)

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
FZ1S or Fazer 8
« on: 22 September 2016, 03:30:06 pm »
Gents
Have you had both and which is the best all rounder ? General zipping about , the odd pillion ride, the odd tour for 3 or 4 days, riding like a menace now and again. Just had a brief, but vey expensive, 6 months of new model crossrunner ownership so want my next bike to be the right choice. Key questions are is it fun, comfortable, mpg, range and reliable. I appreciate that most of these are answered elsewhere but someone who has had both bikes could give a good perspective.
All info greatfully received
Cheers

It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: FZ1S or Fazer 8
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2016, 03:40:18 pm »
I test drove the fz8 and it's was fine but the way I looked at it, if I had bought the 8 I would have eventually wanted the fz1. But buying the 1 I'm never gonna want the 8.
Might be a flawed logic but it's one way to look at it haha

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2016, 05:46:45 pm »
The FZ8 is basically a "sleeved down" FZ1.
Have you considered the FZS 1000 some real bargains to be had & a well sorted example will tick all the boxes you mention and then some! :lol

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2016, 06:40:03 pm »
Never had a FZ8 but have had an FZ1s for four years ,they are fantastic, been to Mugello ,Italy twice, Brno,Czeq republic too.
Great all rounder,Sunday blasts ,touring a real nice bike,plenty of power too, you can fettle them too. a good fun bike.I have just done a track day on it, man it was awesome. 
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2016, 07:52:04 am »
Thanks for the replies gents, test rides required I think.

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2016, 02:22:11 pm »
Would be interested to hear your views of the Crossrunner as it is on my list of possible next bikes...

Thanks
Jonesy

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2016, 09:51:06 pm »
Decision made FZ1s being picked up in a fortnight

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2016, 10:04:10 pm »
Would be interested to hear your views of the Crossrunner as it is on my list of possible next bikes...

Thanks
Jonesy
Hello Jonesy
Assuming it's the new model you are after because that's what I had. 50 mpg easy, handle really well, comfortable , good 2 up, amazing lights, fast, sounds great, easy to ride.
Bad points, horrendous screen turbulence, get a really good test ride to make sure you can live with it, a set of Powerbronze screen adjusters and an aftermarket screen are a must, check out the crossrunner forum for loads of discussions as this is a known problem, heavy to push about but light to ride, too dear so be prepared to lose a lot of cash if you buy new. The v4 affected the nerves in my arm a bit. The horn and indicator buttons are the wrong way round.
To sum up, excellent, horrendous screen turbulence and too dear new, hope this helps.
Carl

moffmeister

• Boffie - Yaks it like it is
    Terminally Incontinent
    The Golden Bulge
    The only gay in the village
    Moff Minogue

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2016, 02:36:16 pm »
 :thumbup  for FZ1S - I've had mine 7 yrs now (07 plate) - does everything and you can cane the life out of it when you desire (as I tend to major on which is why my mpg is pretty woeful <30 for sure).

Can't comment on FZ8 but my father in law had one for a short time and wasn't impressed - he is a serious pootler though - anyhow you've made the correct choice.

jonesthesteam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Currently Fazerless
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 October 2016, 03:47:47 pm »

Hello Jonesy
Assuming it's the new model you are after because that's what I had. 50 mpg easy, handle really well, comfortable , good 2 up, amazing lights, fast, sounds great, easy to ride.
Bad points, horrendous screen turbulence, get a really good test ride to make sure you can live with it, a set of Powerbronze screen adjusters and an aftermarket screen are a must, check out the crossrunner forum for loads of discussions as this is a known problem, heavy to push about but light to ride, too dear so be prepared to lose a lot of cash if you buy new. The v4 affected the nerves in my arm a bit. The horn and indicator buttons are the wrong way round.
To sum up, excellent, horrendous screen turbulence and too dear new, hope this helps.
Carl

Thanks Carl, looking at the new model but second hand to replace my current Versys 650 mk3

If I can buy at the right price then it may be a goer

Thanks again
Jonesy