Date: 24-04-24  Time: 20:45 pm

Author Topic: Help with Indicators wiring FZ6 2006  (Read 1224 times)

WishMaker

• Cager in Training
  • xD
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Help with Indicators wiring FZ6 2006
« on: 10 September 2016, 03:33:49 pm »
Hello.. I wanted to change the stock big orange indicators today with some LED Oxford ones but I ran into problems.. Im not sure what exactly I did but it stopped working (only the right front one .. all the others work fine.) I tried to put it back together with the stock one but still doesn't work anymore..

Im ataching pictures of the indicator .. they come with some resistor aswell but im not sure if i need one... the stock bulbs are 10W ... I also checked the fuses on the throttle side under the seat...neither seemed blown... Please help . Thanks!
Don't fear Dying, Fear not Living.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Help with Indicators wiring FZ6 2006
« Reply #1 on: 12 September 2016, 06:06:00 pm »
if all the other three are LED and are working ok and its just the front right, which is a standard one, that isn't working, it suggests you have pulled the cable a bit too hard and unplugged it further up the line accidentally.
If it was an LED one, I would have said try plugging it in the other way round as you may have accidentally reversed the polarity and LEDs' only work one way whereas normal bulbs don't car which way the volts go.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

WishMaker

• Cager in Training
  • xD
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Indicators wiring FZ6 2006
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2016, 05:54:40 pm »
Hello. The issue has now been fixed... And yeah it was some weak connection on the line of that indicator....Thanks for your help!
Don't fear Dying, Fear not Living.