Date: 28-03-24  Time: 12:44 pm

Author Topic: Rearsets  (Read 1100 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Rearsets
« on: 08 September 2016, 10:03:35 am »
Hey just wondering which aftermarket rearsets yoy guys are using for the gen 2? I've seen a couple of these Chinese copy ones online for £100 but I don't like to use that kind of stuff as a rule so I'm looking at some better ones,  problem is I don't have a clue what's good and what's not anymore? There are brands that I've never heard of selling for £2-300? Then there's the obvious Giles etc selling for big money.
Is it still a case of you get what you pay for?

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Rearsets
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2016, 01:30:09 pm »
Yup
Although some of the Chinese stuff is ok/good quality I did read somewhere where a bloke went to stand on his footpegs going over some bumps or pot holes and the peg snapped.
Giles for me

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2016, 02:56:00 pm »
Thanks Mick
I had some Chinese copy pazzo levers on my last bike. There were perfect good except for the fact they ended up baggier than a wizards sleeve. I had so much play in the clutch lever after a few months that I had take it off and shim it up.
I'd hate to think how their rearsets would end up.

Gary

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2016, 04:27:40 pm »
Thanks Mick
I had some Chinese copy pazzo levers on my last bike. There were perfect good except for the fact they ended up baggier than a wizards sleeve. I had so much play in the clutch lever after a few months that I had take it off and shim it up.
I'd hate to think how their rearsets would end up.

I had the same issue myself with mine Dude. Put the stock ones back on.
With regard to the rearsets ... They are OK, for the price, but replace the bearings, rose joints and bolts (because they're all shite) with decent stainless stuff, and buy sealed bearings.