Date: 18-04-24  Time: 04:24 am

Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 2018 times)

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Hello all
« on: 25 October 2016, 07:01:55 pm »
Hi,

Relatively new to bikes.  Been commuting on a Honda NSR125R for the past couple or three years but got my A license in December 2015 yet it's taken me this long to get round to buying a bigger bike.

Anyways, just bagged myself a 2004 FZS1000.  I went to buy a CBR600F Sport but it was sold, walked out agreeing on the Fazer instead.

To say I'm a little excited for my first 'big' bike is perhaps an understatement.  Hopefully take delivery of it early next week at the latest after it's been serviced, MOT'd and a little niggle sorted.

A couple of pics;

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: 29 October 2016, 08:15:27 am »
Went and picked her up yesterday.  Certainly I was very nervous going straight from a 125cc onto a 1000cc but, quite literally, immediately I was on top form.  Everything big bike had come flooding back.  Nice sedate ride, mostly, on the way home to get used to the physics of the machine.

Stoked I think is a word that could be used :)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 October 2016, 11:41:38 am »
Glad your enjoying your new Fazer,  its a slow blue one not one of the fast red ones so probably won't be any faster than your 125 :) ,

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 October 2016, 01:34:39 pm »
Ah, the old colour debate  :lol

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 October 2016, 03:07:22 pm »
Glad your enjoying your new Fazer,  its a slow blue one not one of the fast red ones so probably won't be any faster than your 125 :) ,

Don't take any notice of Slappy he knows nothing about fast bikes otherwise he would of course mentioned the Very Very  _--_FAST Silver models, your power mill is silver so that is a good start, just needs a complete respray and Bob's your Uncle.

Who the fuck is Uncle Bob?

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 October 2016, 05:47:08 pm »
your power mill is silver so that is a good start, just needs a complete respray and Bob's your Uncle.

Who the fuck is Uncle Bob?

And the soot pipe, swing arm, forks.........almost a totally silver model wouldn't you agree.  Does it help that my Subaru is silver also, now I know that's the fastest colour as far as cars go so surely it must count here to some degree.

As for Uncle Bob, he's Robert, your fathers brother......doh!

paul1962

• CBT Wobbler
  • Lets be safe out there
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 October 2016, 01:03:52 pm »
Red is defo the fastest though any way glad you like it have fun

Paul

scoobiemandan

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 October 2016, 05:43:15 pm »
Took her for her first proper run today.  A 100 mile round trip, nowhere specific, just went and returned after the wife told me we had guests I needed to get back for, otherwise I would have stayed out all day  :)

Had no wrist ache after this journey and only towards the end did my butt start aching so I'm suitably impressed by the comfort.  Also suitably impressed by the power that's on tap, it's a beast but then I suppose I only have a smoker 125 to compare it to.