Date: 04-05-24  Time: 07:43 am

Author Topic: CARB RUBBERS  (Read 1547 times)

gingernut

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
CARB RUBBERS
« on: 31 August 2016, 06:45:27 pm »

Hello , I need to buy some carb rubbers , the cheapest is 69.99 on the e bay shop is M&P is that a good price  do I need anything else ?

ta Ginger

misterjayb1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: CARB RUBBERS
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2016, 07:27:44 pm »
Iv only ever bought them used, usually from someone breaking a fazer.. Long as there's no cracks, good to go.. The ones you have have mentioned certainly cheaper than the genuine Yamaha items
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

Grib

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2016, 06:44:31 pm »
I bought the M&P ones - exactly the same brand as the originals (Ars), same part numbers on them too.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2016, 07:58:13 am »
I went with M&P ones recently. indistinguishable from OEM but a whole lot cheaper.
As the originals were 15 yrs old & its a bit of a hassle removing carbs decided not to use second hand ones.
i used a light coating of red rubber grease to assist fitting.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 September 2016, 11:51:54 am »
I went with M&P ones recently. indistinguishable from OEM but a whole lot cheaper.
As the originals were 15 yrs old & its a bit of a hassle removing carbs decided not to use second hand ones.
Interested to know when you took them off, was it only the outside ones (sun damage) and once you had them off did the cracks actually go all the way through.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2016, 02:37:50 pm »
Interested to know when you took them off, was it only the outside ones (sun damage) and once you had them off did the cracks actually go all the way through.
The 2 outside ones no 1 & no4 cylinder  were worst affected & had cracked right through in places. Combined action of heat, vibration,ozone, pollution had done their worst but at 15 years hardly surprising. Nos 2 & 3 were slightly better but with considerable splits & cracks although not as deep as the outside pair.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2016, 10:17:25 pm »
The 2 outside ones no 1 & no4 cylinder  were worst affected & had cracked right through in places. Combined action of heat, vibration,ozone, pollution had done their worst but at 15 years hardly surprising. Nos 2 & 3 were slightly better but with considerable splits & cracks although not as deep as the outside pair.
I keep convincing myself that its only the outside and its not all the way through-------------you are not helping !
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

phil mcglassup

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2016, 10:21:47 pm »
Mine are cracked badly too...I'm starting to worry now :eek
It's good on fuel and I'm sure the carbs need balancing...'tis time to investigate  :'(

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 September 2016, 08:21:31 am »
One of the deciding factors was the tacho needle that kept moving between 1100 & 1350 rpm on engine warmed up idle. Cracks confirmed by spraying WD 40 around inlets that increased idle speed.
Ask yourself if you intend to keep/ride the bike long term-also it will be impossible to synchronise carbs for best performance if you have air leaks.
While carbs were removed I took opportunity to overhaul same with kits(also from M&P) & generally check condition of fuel hoses, carb heater hoses & clips, wiring & plumbing of bike generally-its an investment in trouble free riding. Of course my OCD doesnt help! :lol