Author Topic: Forks  (Read 1512 times)

MB61YAM

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Forks
« on: 31 August 2016, 05:14:22 pm »
looks like the Fazer fork rebuild after various calamities is going to be 400 notes, stripped rebuilt with new parts, new springs and damper settings to suit my weight etc so not bad, second replacement of chrome bit of slider included, taken them to Gareth at Reactive near York so should be spot on when the return, hopefully by late September, then will need to pull apart the raer linkage and maybe by a new shock to match the front, good job its a keeper.

Trickie

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
Re: Forks
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2016, 06:05:36 pm »
Could I ask . . How many miles has your bike done?  To have to replace/repair forks on a 5 year old bike seems a bit much. I'm hoping mine don't go that soon.

R.

MB61YAM

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: Forks
« Reply #2 on: 01 September 2016, 04:06:21 pm »
bike has done 6000 miles, when I bought it, 5400 miles, unkown to me it had badly corroded chrome stanchions, the middle owner didn't care about it cos the level of general corrosion indicates it was ridden and not looked after, initial owner a young lady did look after it. dealer i got it from fitted 2 sets of seals before replacing the the stanchion, it appears they didn't replace anything else so it has just failed as worn bushes caused problems, as long as you keep the chrome stanchions clean and free of pits, seals should last 12 to 15 thousand miles I think, possibly longer.

oddly the pitted and manky stanchion didn't leak but getting a new one and forks set for my fat arse LOL