Date: 19-04-24  Time: 03:56 am

Author Topic: Height of Naff awards 2016  (Read 7709 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Height of Naff awards 2016
« Reply #25 on: 30 August 2016, 04:50:32 pm »
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 August 2016, 05:34:43 pm »
It doesnt have to be just cars-there so much naff stuff around that i see daily-oops I am turning into Victor Meldrew(I dont belieeeeve it!).
University students(often foreign eg Japanese this time of year) who walk out into 4 lanes of traffic without looking because they are ADDICTED to their mobile electronic devices. Suppose it will eventually be cool to own a 1970/80s mobile....(my other phones a Galaxy 50 or whatever)
Whatever happened to the crap car stickers that say "My other cars a Porsche? (Dinky Toy?) and the other one "Baby on Board" as if that would make a blind bit of difference to the selfish thoughtless f*****s who drive inches from the car in front.
Had a "young gal" in a black Audi right up my chuff as I came down from a 60 to 40 speed limit on Sunday on the Fazer which was well signed-simply because I used anticipation & engine braking rather than using brakes. She was so affronted she couldnt wait to overtake on the nearside, jumped a red light and turned left without signalling! Some of these 18-30 yr old female drivers terrify me :eek

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 August 2016, 05:46:21 pm »
Blue single bulb side lights, how do they get away with that.
People wearing a cap in the car when driving.

Or wearing a hoodie when driving, so when they turn their head they can't see feck all.

Or the cap with a hood pulled over it combination :rolleyes

Or driving wearing a burka  :eek :eek (get me being current, and I don't mean a Niqab), I've seem someone driving in a burka and thought, that was a little nuts!
« Last Edit: 30 August 2016, 05:47:56 pm by Bretty »
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 August 2016, 06:12:46 pm »
Just read all the comments in this link, what a miserable load of grumpy old FOCERS you lot are.
Listening to you lot of old twats you would have us all riding 175 BSA Bantams or 197 Fanny Barnetts and wearing leather and cork skid lids or driving around in Vauxhall Vivas or Chevettes or maybe an Austin 1100 with steel wheels and chrome bumpers oh and don't forget those wonderful cross-ply tyres

You getting old before your time.

I read all the comments and realised you are ALL talking about me LOL!

I have blue LED cree strip lights lights on the front of my HAIRDRESSERS car and a 4" bore tail pipe, I have painted the calipers pillar box red. I wash the car a couple of times a week (I enjoy doing it gives me pleasure) and polish it every other week, I dress the tyre walls with wet look dressing, and if all that make me a twat an idiot or just a tart for driving a MR2, then so-be-it, guilty as charged.

I love it when a 1200 Corsa goes flying up the road with a loud large bore zonker on the back  making a shed load of noise, if the poor bugger cant afford a Maserati his Corsa can at least sound nice, plus it take the attention of the old bill away from me a bit.

Anyway I wouldn't mind betting most of you have fitted an after market sports cans on your bikes, rear huggers, fender extenders, and petty coloured Stainless braided brake line, not to mention front screens so dark that you can't see through them and block the light more like a foccing black hole.

As far as lights on in daylight goes, I agree dipped is best, but I would sooner make a car driver squint a little than have him or her take me down cos they didn't see me.

Oh! by the way this is all a little tongue in cheek but there is also some truth in it.

YES I REALLY DO DRIVE AN MR2 HAIRDRESSER CAR with all the above mentioned tweeks or is that tweaks or maybe tweerks  :rollin :rolleyes

One other thing! When did the stop making the FSZ 600 Boxeye? I saw one today at Loomies at West Meon Hut with an 03 plate on it, it wasn't a foxeye that had the screen changed as it had all the other Boxeye bits and bobs like smaller fuel tank. 

PS: and it was a slow Red one.
« Last Edit: 30 August 2016, 06:22:56 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 30 August 2016, 06:18:28 pm »
Anyway I had better get on I have the washing to do and some ironing, plus wash my hair before I can sit down and watch the telly whilst doing my knitting.

:moon :finger 
« Last Edit: 30 August 2016, 06:19:12 pm by tommyardin »

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 30 August 2016, 06:23:18 pm »
Driving around in Vauxhall Vivas or Chevettes

I read all the comments and realised you are ALL are talking about me LOL!

YES I REALLY DO DRIVE AN MR2 HAIRDRESSER CAR with all the above mentioned tweeks or is that tweaks or maybe tweerks  :rollin :rolleyes

1 Vauxhall Viva/Firenza and 1 Chevette Tommy - both as cool as penguin piss. Oh, and I'm still waiting for our driveout/picnic in the Tarts car so sort it  :lol :lol

« Last Edit: 30 August 2016, 06:24:06 pm by Frosties »
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

misterjayb1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 30 August 2016, 06:28:26 pm »
As you have the fastest colour foxeye Tommy, your forgiven  :D ... ps my boxeye was an 02 plate..
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 August 2016, 06:33:07 pm »
Just read all the comments in this link, what a miserable load of grumpy old FOCERS you lot are.
Listening to you lot of old twats you would have us all riding 175 BSA Bantams or 197 Fanny Barnetts and wearing leather and cork skid lids or driving around in Vauxhall Vivas or Chevettes or maybe an Austin 1100 with steel wheels and chrome bumpers oh and don't forget those wonderful cross-ply tyres
I read all the comments and realised you are ALL talking about me LOL!
I have blue LED cree strip lights lights on the front of my HAIRDRESSERS car and a 4" bore tail pipe, I have painted the calipers pillar box red. I wash the car a couple of times a week (I enjoy doing it gives me pleasure) and polish it every other week, I dress the tyre walls with wet look dressing, and if all that make me a twat an idiot or just a tart for driving a MR2, then so-be-it, guilty as charged.
I love it when a 1200 Corsa goes flying up the road with a loud large bore zonker on the back  making a shed load of noise, if the poor bugger cant afford a Maserati his Corsa can at least sound nice, plus it take the attention of the old bill away from me a bit.
Anyway I wouldn't mind betting most of you have fitted an after market sports cans on your bikes, rear huggers, fender extenders, and petty coloured Stainless braided brake line, not to mention front screens so dark that you can't see through them and block the light more like a foccing black hole.
As far as lights on in daylight goes, I agree dipped is best, but I would sooner make a car driver squint a little than have him or her take me down cos they didn't see me.
Oh! by the way this is all a little tongue in cheek but there is also some truth in it.
One other thing! When did the stop making the FSZ 600 Boxeye? I saw one today at Loomies at West Meon Hut with an 03 plate on it, it wasn't a foxeye that had the screen changed as it had all the other Boxeye bits and bobs like smaller fuel tank. 

There is always one, foc all to do and cannot even decide on what real colour to paint his bike  :lol :lol :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 August 2016, 06:58:18 pm »

And How :woot
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 August 2016, 11:25:54 pm »
Only one real gripe, Maltese cross tail lights, focin things been around for ever. Anyone who finds them cool should be forced to gargle a pint of horse spunk
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 August 2016, 11:50:12 pm »
Oh Fuck!
Me and my big mouth, I went for a blast down to Waterlooville and on to Loomies Cafe at the West Meon Hut this afternoon.
Came back home got on the FOC-U website and slagged off all the miserable old grumpys on here, went outside bato put the FZS 600 away, took the bike off the centre stand and trod on something sharp raised foot rapidly and dropped the bike. Scuffed fairing, small pea sized dent in the tank, small scratch in the tank paintwork about 1 inch long, small scuff in the black paint on the engine case (Foot brake side) scuffed one of my led driving lamps. I feel I got away light really as the brunt of the impact was taken by the saddle hitting the edged of a very large glazed flower pot on the patio. 50% of the fairing scuff came out with some Autosol metal polish and I have touched up the engine case with some smooth black Hammerite gloss and also the side of the LED spot.

So be nice to me.
PS: I had a tear in my eye as I struggled to pick the bike back up with the help of my wife and my next door neighbour.
No seriously I did have a tear, I love that bike. :'(      
« Last Edit: 30 August 2016, 11:54:44 pm by tommyardin »

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 August 2016, 11:58:42 pm »
Only one real gripe, Maltese cross tail lights, focin things been around for ever. Anyone who finds them cool should be forced to gargle a pint of horse spunk

Only one pint, damn you are too nice to people.
I agree with your sentiment about them rear lights, even bikers from Malta hate them.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 31 August 2016, 12:07:18 am »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :eek

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #38 on: 31 August 2016, 12:57:25 am »
Those really blingy looking wheel rim/trim spinners that keep rotating when the car has stopped :thumbdown

Thank the gods those stupid things appear to have gone out of fashion with the chavs, because a car with a set of those once made me do an emergency stop in the middle of a roundabout.

I look at a car's wheels to check they're not moving when: "Foc ME, the bloody idiot's going to pull out...!" so I slam on the anchors and then realise that the car is stationary, it's just the idiotic hubs that are spinning  :2guns
« Last Edit: 31 August 2016, 12:58:10 am by Grahamm »

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 31 August 2016, 09:24:05 pm »
oh my word, frosties.  a droop-snoot! they did an estate version which was even cooler!! ah, them were the days...

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 31 August 2016, 10:04:34 pm »
Those really blingy looking wheel rim/trim spinners that keep rotating when the car has stopped :thumbdown

Thank the gods those stupid things appear to have gone out of fashion with the chavs, because a car with a set of those once made me do an emergency stop in the middle of a roundabout.

I look at a car's wheels to check they're not moving when: "Foc ME, the bloody idiot's going to pull out...!" so I slam on the anchors and then realise that the car is stationary, it's just the idiotic hubs that are spinning  :2guns
:lol

I think Rolls Royces have something like that but its just weighted so that the RR in the middle is always the right way up

« Last Edit: 31 August 2016, 10:06:15 pm by fazersharp »

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 31 August 2016, 10:05:02 pm »
oh my word, frosties.  a droop-snoot! they did an estate version which was even cooler!! ah, them were the days...

Weren't they just - the cars I had back then are worth a bloody fortune now.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 31 August 2016, 10:13:43 pm »
You had Model T's Frosties you old twat :lol

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 31 August 2016, 11:15:06 pm »
Orange painted wheels WTF! looks like a lego car

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 31 August 2016, 11:35:20 pm »
You had Model T's Frosties you old twat :lol

Busted  :lol :lol