Date: 24-04-24  Time: 19:05 pm

Author Topic: Hi All from Basingstoke  (Read 1244 times)

splatabug

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Hi All from Basingstoke
« on: 28 August 2016, 11:06:22 pm »
back in may i  won on ebay a  black 98 fazer with 19k on the clock, I'm returning to riding after 30 years ...never heard of a fazer before i bought it...i  just liked the looks and the milage  was low as was the  price since shopping on a budget  but wow did i land on my feet  i absolutly love it  such a great bike dont know if this is  the honeymoon period or  the real  thing.

nixtrix71

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi All from Basingstoke
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2016, 12:00:55 am »
Welcome.... Me too new to Fazering but I really love it and sooooo happy with my machine. Put some photos and we are all curious to see your Ebay win!!  :D

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Hi All from Basingstoke
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2017, 09:12:25 am »
Hey! only just found this post it's been quiet in here for a long time and feel it needs a prod, not sure how I missed it.
You say you have landed on your feet buying thie FZS 600, that's is exactly what you did, the 600 is a bloody good all-rounder, great for short or long comutes, I'm told it brilliant at touring (it is a sports tourer)
It will also give the 600 sport clip on and rearset type brigade a shock through the country lanes.

Like you I returned to bikes about 4 years ago after being off them for nearly 40 years.
I went to a bike shop to look at a 600 Kwacker that was being advertiised, when I arrived about an hour later than my appointment time I got there just as a guy had finished doing the deal on the Kwacker, I was so pissed off. The the green meany looked good and I had just travelled about 70 miles to view it.

As I was leaving, tail between my legs, I spotted a Yamaha over by their workshop door and I asked about it, well it belonged to one of their customers and he'd had brought it in for a full service and to have the top end serviced, valve clearences done, they were fitting a new rear tyre and MOTing it at the same time. The owner had bought it from them when it was a year old and they had serviced it from then onwards for him. Anyway he was in the process of buying another bike from them and was thinking of storing the Fazer, I asked if he might be interested in selling it and they rang him for me, I chatted to him on the phone for about 20 minutes and we did the deal. 2003 very low mileage had been used as a commuter 12 miles each way 5 days a week, had always been serviced and looked after, never been thrown up the road, I was 1900 quid the poorer, but now the proud owner of one of the best machines I have ever owned. The FZS 600 is a great bike that wantS to please it's owner and can a will put a huge smile on your face , it can also make a nasty mess in your pants. Great choice and welcome