Date: 19-04-24  Time: 23:30 pm

Author Topic: And the planning begins...  (Read 998 times)

youngsterbiker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
And the planning begins...
« on: 14 August 2016, 05:08:15 pm »
So I have 10 days holiday booked from the 25th august until the 5th September. The plan is to visit Europe, ignoring France as best possible seeing as i lived there and explored most of it. Planed stops so far are nurburgring, Stelvio pass, Monaco, and anywhere else that takes my fancy. I'll be camping the whole time and plan on avoiding motorways as best i can, unless I need to make up some time.
It will ideally be a leisurely pace the whole time, or am i being unrealistic in my plans?

I'm sure some of you foccers have done a journey like this before, any tips for a youngster like myself? :D
10 days till I go, Tyres are in very good condition, bike had a service and MOT in march so should be all good there. Is there anything I'm not thinking off here?
Cheers.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: And the planning begins...
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2016, 05:50:09 pm »
Don't forget condoms.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2016, 10:53:38 pm »
Dolomites = riding heaven

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2016, 08:00:52 am »
I recently went Roscoff down to Montpellier, Marseille, St Tropez, Cannes, Nice, *Monaco (did a lap of the f1 track 2 days before the race when it was open to traffic. :-). Then Pisa, Lucca, *Florence, Verona, (I thought about Venice, but changed my mind), *Lake Como, *Stelvio pass, to Switzerland - *Furka,  *Gotthard, *Grimsel and *Susten passes, them up into Germany *Autobahn and Black Forest home.

Anything with a * I'd definitely recommend.

I did 2973miles in 9 days. Travelled on my own and hotel hopped, booking as I went.
I chose not to camp, as everytime you want to get off the bike and explore somewhere, unless your camping gear is secured/locked to the bike I would have had to lug it around.

I had an awesome time. Originally I intended to ferry down to Santander/balboa for the first leg, but my ferry was cancelled last minute so I rode down west/central France, which was very wet, a bit cold and a bit boring.

« Last Edit: 15 August 2016, 08:04:20 am by Bretty »
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-