Date: 25-04-24  Time: 00:50 am

Author Topic: Wanted Gen 1 Akrapovic end can titanium  (Read 1091 times)

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Wanted Gen 1 Akrapovic end can titanium
« on: 02 August 2016, 09:39:13 pm »
I'm Looking for an Akrapovic titanium end can with no scratches or dents for my Gen 1 Fazer 1000, please send pics if you have one for sale.
Cheers
Jon

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted Gen 1 Akrapovic end can titanium
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2016, 04:30:10 pm »
You might have better luck searching for Hen's Teeth and Flying Pigs.

Seriously, you will have to hunt around. They were about £375-400 new and sometimes they can still be found brand new.

The other option is to buy a suitable Ti can from another bike and get a link pipe to match. From my experience, Akrapovic cans come in 50mm or 60mm so get a link pipe with spring hooks to match (SP engineering and others can sort a link pipe).

I have the correct fit Ti can on mine with is 60mm bore.

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 August 2016, 08:39:59 pm »
Thanks for that, I remember struggling to find one for my first gen 1 a few years ago, eventually one came up. I'll keep looking  :wall

bludclot

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2016, 03:41:27 pm »

As far as I am aware all Akrapovic cans of the same shape are the same, they are not specifically made per model so this widens the net a little to any oval 60mm Akrapovic inlet can. So within those parameters there's carbon and titanium for materials and 'SP' series which has the baffle and therefore road legal (when fitted) or the race series which is without baffle and stamped 'not for road use' on the rear strap.
Also needed is a hanging strap and at least two springs. That just leaves the link pipe. There are two versions, stainless and titanium.
So with some patience the lot can be purchased separately, which is what I did. I paid £200 for a good can, £100 for a (unused/new) titanium link pipe, £8 per spring and about £20-30 for a carbon strap if I recall, so despite being used it still wasn't cheap. Well worth it though, I'd pay it again if I had to.
Hope this helps and good luck.
is it clean enough?