Date: 18-04-24  Time: 03:54 am

Author Topic: Odd Behaviour of Speedometer  (Read 839 times)

Neon Knight

• Weekend Warrior
  • In space no one can hear you fart !
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - FZS1000 01
    • View Profile
Odd Behaviour of Speedometer
« on: 01 August 2016, 01:07:46 pm »
I own a 2000 FZS 600 and a modified 2001 Gen 1 1000 both of which I love. My brother has always liked the Gen 1 so he recently purchased a 2004 model for himself. In order to get a proper feel for the bike he recently went on a road trip from South wales to Leicester with his mate who was riding a Triumph Sprint. On the way there were quite a number of average speed cameras (50 mph) on sections of their chosen route. He said both he and his mate were using their speedometers to judge their speed but his mate always seemed to be going significantly faster than my brother during these camera sections. Also when they got there his mates trip meter said the journey had taken 176 miles whilst my brothers said 192. The google estimate was about 170 miles. Is there any historical issues regarding speedo problems with Gen 1 fazers ? I told him I am unaware of any but I thought I would chuck this out to see if anyone knows better or has any possible explanations for the eccentric behaviour  of his speedometer?

Dustydes

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fzr1000 exup street fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Behaviour of Speedometer
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2016, 01:33:02 pm »
Have you checked gearing is standard ?

16/44 is stock gearing

If not stock, you could add a speedo healer or revert to standard