Date: 28-03-24  Time: 16:24 pm

Author Topic: stuttering fzs 600  (Read 257979 times)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
Re: stuttering fzs 600
« Reply #700 on: 17 September 2012, 10:16:35 pm »
double whipp uhf spray already in top box matey?.... :b ....not looking good f me is it..
`fraid not mate............5 turns ! whoopy-doo :eek  night night

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 17 September 2012, 10:59:22 pm »

well spotted fazerider :)  ......a split like that would indeed affect the mixture big time,mine are ok,but will double check to make sure ,just need to backtrack a bit now and see what i find ;)  thanks for your input matey,did you notice the difference now your carbs are all pulling together  :D
Haven't had the time to test it yet, Red.
The bike's been misfiring very occasionally, not just missing a beat but quite violent... a neutral throttle, chugging along at about 3000rpm and suddenly it's like a cylinder has fired 45º early and pushes backwards. Saturday, I went through most of the electrics, cleaning and tightening the odd suspect connection and did the carb balance and TPS today.
The fact that the misfire only happens when the throttle is near closed made a carb balance an obvious thing to do (particularly 'cos I hate doing that job and had put it off until it was long overdue), but they weren't really that far out of adjustment. So, I can't say I've found anything that really looks like the cause of the problem yet. Anyway, I'll find out soon enough. Though not tomorrow. When I work on the bike the fecking car gets jealous and so blew it's  exhaust as I set off to visit my mum yesterday. :rollin

Enjoy your day off, sounds like it's well-deserved. :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 18 September 2012, 06:53:13 am »
a day of thinking for me i think.......ive made it worse  :\  so i must be close ;) .........must be carbs  :) .
 one thing i did`nt check after adjusting the shims and putting the head back on was the valve clearences to see if they are correct  ;)  should be and only adjusted by 0.05mm .......probs check though ;) .
 might check ebay for good carbs that i can see in action on the bike  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 18 September 2012, 10:31:10 am »
like i said earlier red you welcome to any carb bits you need mate?....got a set stripped!!....mabe chk fuel floats and there heights ?
« Last Edit: 18 September 2012, 10:32:08 am by CRH »

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 18 September 2012, 11:10:20 am »
like i said earlier red you welcome to any carb bits you need mate?....got a set stripped!!....mabe chk fuel floats and there heights ?
dirty dawg.......morning Clive. just killing a bit ov time til guy drops off his gixxer ( clutch jobbie ). carbs eh? who`d have guessed in a zillion years :lol :lol :lol :lol  when `ole Red said he`s getting close ............does he mean to `blowing it up` ? :rollin :rollin :rollin  sorry Red. dont be a tight wad, put screws to 2 turns, fistful of bigger jets and go from there with the new k+n. ya no ya wanna big boy !! ;)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 18 September 2012, 11:20:45 am »
know what ya mean there ade ? but!!!!!.....he still got std can on his?..understand if he,d a changed his can and needed a fuel tweeky but shurely not on std???????????? :rolleyes .......ime now thinking fuel float settings???? what ya think there big boy :b

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 18 September 2012, 01:31:48 pm »

well spotted fazerider :)  ......a split like that would indeed affect the mixture big time,mine are ok,but will double check to make sure ,just need to backtrack a bit now and see what i find ;)  thanks for your input matey,did you notice the difference now your carbs are all pulling together  :D
Haven't had the time to test it yet, Red.
The bike's been misfiring very occasionally, not just missing a beat but quite violent... a neutral throttle, chugging along at about 3000rpm and suddenly it's like a cylinder has fired 45º early and pushes backwards.
Saturday, I went through most of the electrics, cleaning and tightening the odd suspect connection and did the carb balance and TPS today.
The fact that the misfire only happens when the throttle is near closed made a carb balance an obvious thing to do (particularly 'cos I hate doing that job and had put it off until it was long overdue), but they weren't really that far out of adjustment. So, I can't say I've found anything that really looks like the cause of the problem yet. Anyway, I'll find out soon enough. Though not tomorrow. When I work on the bike the fecking car gets jealous and so blew it's  exhaust as I set off to visit my mum yesterday. :rollin

Enjoy your day off, sounds like it's well-deserved. :)

cheers matey..........yes ,time ti let my hair down (if i had any) :rollin :rollin :rollin .......sounds like we have simular cars aswell  :rolleyes :rolleyes

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 18 September 2012, 01:35:22 pm »
still thinking  :rolleyes :rolleyes

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 18 September 2012, 02:43:11 pm »
chk ya float levels!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ....if it is that your mixture screws need to be that far out?...just mabe that its sruggling to get the amount of fuel it needs on correct settings?..hence why it needs tb 4 t 5 out!!...  ;) ... no stutter up to 5 t 6k ?...but when you want the rest?....stutter!!...top end fuel starvation!!...only 4 things to cause it?....fuel filter, sliders not opening fully,diaphrams, low fuel levels in float bowls!!...just my 2penneth b4 the blade blows me away????...
« Last Edit: 18 September 2012, 03:00:59 pm by CRH »

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 18 September 2012, 03:12:21 pm »
chk ya float levels!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) ....if it is that your mixture screws need to be that far out?...just mabe that its sruggling to get the amount of fuel it needs on correct settings?..hence why it needs tb 4 t 5 out!!...  ;) ... no stutter up to 5 t 6k ?...but when you want the rest?....stutter!!...top end fuel starvation!!...only 4 things to cause it?....fuel filter, sliders not opening fully,diaphrams, low fuel levels in float bowls!!...just my 2penneth b4 the blade blows me away????...

ok matey,you`ve helped me out on this stutter problem so i`ll try and get you out of a hole  :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes .....ive not checked the float heights so seeing as i have to almost remove the carbs to adjust no3 mixture screw i might as well take them off again ,re-set the mixture screws and check the float heights at same time  ;) ...i have already by-passed the fuel filter by inserting a peice of straight tube in place of the filter and it made no difference,filter back in place now  ;) .........not sure if i have time tonight as have to go to tesco to take a picture.................classic  :D

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 18 September 2012, 03:15:58 pm »
cheers f that mate?...dont realy fancy a ...gob full...off atb!! :b ...yes seen the ..classic?..you doin what i think your gonna do??????????????

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 18 September 2012, 03:45:20 pm »
cheers f that mate?...dont realy fancy a ...gob full...off atb!! :b ...yes seen the ..classic?..you doin what i think your gonna do??????????????

yeeeeeeeeeeeep..........bet iam not the only one :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 18 September 2012, 04:20:37 pm »

yeeeeeeeeeeeep..........bet iam not the only one :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin
.......great stuff!!!!!!!! :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 18 September 2012, 06:42:17 pm »

.......great stuff!!!!!!!! :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol
,,,ps, dont f,get ya points card??? :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 18 September 2012, 08:10:37 pm »
damm.....forgot my card  :\  got the picture though  :rolleyes  did`nt look stupid at all  :rolleyes ........cant get it on here at mo will try later  ;)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 18 September 2012, 08:14:54 pm »
cant wait!!.....your welcome to any carb bits you need if it is them thats at fault?

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 18 September 2012, 09:00:18 pm »
cant wait!!.....your welcome to any carb bits you need if it is them thats at fault?

looks like iam heading that way  ;)  is it a complete set you have in bits ?  :)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 18 September 2012, 10:09:23 pm »

looks like iam heading that way  ;)  is it a complete set you have in bits ?  :)
.....almost?.....2 diaphrams and sliders plus the small rubber external link pipes used!..if it is you do need owt let me know and ile send it you? they came off a good running bike but got wiped out by a cage!! he picked up another fazer and needed a few bits off the bent one to get the new one up and running?...and i ended up with quite a few good spares!!...

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 19 September 2012, 09:15:12 pm »
hey, ade saw your veras" twin sister today !!..bit bent though,?  had ran up arse of a stationary van!!...not a pretty sight?..rider ok though?....cause?...fkn overloaded?...he had everything strapped on it but kitchen sink!!...sat side a road fag on and :'( ........

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 19 September 2012, 10:15:54 pm »
hey, ade saw your veras" twin sister today !!..bit bent though,?  had ran up arse of a stationary van!!...not a pretty sight?..rider ok though?....cause?...fkn overloaded?...he had everything strapped on it but kitchen sink!!...sat side a road fag on and :'( ........
watching too much of that charley boorman caper leads to bike overloads :lol :lol :lol . i bet he was crying. do you know how scarce 2nd or even 3rd hand good forks are?  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 19 September 2012, 10:16:08 pm »
Bike is still running really well after draining tank and replacing fuel filter. The only bad bit is it's now putting out more power than before and the clutch slips slightly  :\ or the back wheel is spinning up :lol . Adjusted the clutch and lever, so will see if that helps. I can't think of anything to add to help you get you bike running better other than getting a set of carbs off fleabay and fitting them to eliminate the carbs. Then coils / ignition etc.... Speaking of ignitions it's not uncommon for them to f**k up from time to time.
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 20 September 2012, 03:40:11 pm »

.....almost?.....2 diaphrams and sliders plus the small rubber external link pipes used!..if it is you do need owt let me know and ile send it you? they came off a good running bike but got wiped out by a cage!! he picked up another fazer and needed a few bits off the bent one to get the new one up and running?...and i ended up with quite a few good spares!!...

hi CRH...think iam going to need complete carbs :\ .....i have the parts you have missing on my spare carbs ,would you sell me the complete carbs and i can make a good set from the two  ;)  if yes let me know how much (inc postage)you want for them  :D

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 20 September 2012, 05:15:15 pm »
i want nothing for them mate!!...you just pay the postage and that will be fine!!...didnt cost me anything !..just glad to help you owt?....ile sort them out and parcel them up ,take them to p,office and get them weighed?..then ...pm you if you want or give you a ring?..up to you mate?

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 20 September 2012, 05:23:41 pm »
i want nothing for them mate!!...you just pay the postage and that will be fine!!...didnt cost me anything !..just glad to help you owt?....ile sort them out and parcel them up ,take them to p,office and get them weighed?..then ...pm you if you want or give you a ring?..up to you mate?

your a star  :D ......pm me when you have a price and also let me how you want paying...paypal/cheque etc ;)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 20 September 2012, 05:30:05 pm »

your a star  :D ......pm me when you have a price and also let me how you want paying...paypal/cheque etc ;)
....ok no prob!!...ile sort them out tomorrow if i get time?...got hospital in morning!!...