Date: 28-03-24  Time: 15:07 pm

Author Topic: stuttering fzs 600  (Read 257930 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: stuttering fzs 600
« Reply #375 on: 18 June 2012, 09:04:08 pm »
iam with you on that...115 is standard and i would have thought best to go up...worth a try as cheap to buy...as for balancing the carbs sounds like you were ripped off there mate  :o ...worth the hassle of doing it yourself as you will see an instant improvement...i have some more information from CRH regarding hg levels when balancing carbs that iam going to try will let you know the outcome....GHOST RIDER has posted an excellent guide on balancing carbs well worth reading ...defo worth investing in some gauges...thats a good deal on the rubbers think i paid £75 for mine  :\

i work in hemel on fridays but not heard of moores...are they yam dealer ?

dont forget to keep us updated  ;)
One, is never going to be enough.....

goose710

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 18 June 2012, 09:45:08 pm »
hi yeah moores been there over 30yrs i think its apsley rd ,by apsley station and the lock.im hoping to do the jets sat fngrs x it aint raining ,il keep you posted ,do you know what jet size ade used?goose

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 18 June 2012, 10:13:59 pm »
hi yeah moores been there over 30yrs i think its apsley rd ,by apsley station and the lock.im hoping to do the jets sat fngrs x it aint raining ,il keep you posted ,do you know what jet size ade used?goose
hello mate.........went from 115 to 120 ( they go up in 2.5 increments i do believe ) so moved up 2 sizes, not 1 as i think i stated in a previous post. good luck. keep us informed. ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 19 June 2012, 06:20:45 am »

thats just around the corner.....i`ll check them out on friday....cheers matey  :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 29 June 2012, 10:22:21 pm »
ok....time to kick myself up the backside and get this stutter sorted.....working in the morning but planning to go to FWR in kennington to get the tyres tommorow afternoon,i`ve removed the wheels and will take them with me and see if they can fit on the day.....i`ve been using the thou but i do miss the 600........bl**dy good bike  ;) 

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 29 June 2012, 10:38:29 pm »
about time has well? :rolleyes .....already been asked if you,d sorted it ? ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 30 June 2012, 05:43:26 pm »
rushed around this morning and finished work at 12....phoned fwr and hes just about to shut  :'( ....working in london on monday so will take the wheels with me and try to find the time and get the tyres fitted  ;) 

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 30 June 2012, 10:43:35 pm »
bet you cant wait to get it sorted can you?...i just hope one of those ideas work for you?....i was seriously thinking of selling me foxeye and putting some of the money t,ward getting the thou fixed up?...but with it being a one owner and only 6k on clock, and in mint cond! had second thoughts?....i would miss it to much!!!....i picked up a front wheel ,discs, tyre, for thou last wk, £75.00, ...so bit by bit ile soon have everything to rebuild it!!... :rolleyes

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 01 July 2012, 08:46:09 am »
same as you matey....if i sold the 600 i would deffo miss it  :'( ....one to keep me thinks  :D ....iam using the thou to get to work and back....5 miles across town all stop/start filtering etc,the 600 was very good at this  :) ,the thou a bit heavy :\ ,which is probably why iam missing it,pulled up next to identical thou in town yesterday,got chatting,as you do,guy has some standard bars somewhere and will sort them out for me,top man,as well as the bars being too wide iam not happy with the grips,heated grips and not very "grippy"  :rolleyes  also i think the diameter is a lot bigger,on a rough/potholed road (all of them  :\ ) iam loosing/slipping my grip  :\  ,not changed the can yet.....
 well done on that parts haul CRH and a great price .dont forget to keep us updated  :)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 01 July 2012, 09:34:02 am »
Sorry, what was the question?  :lol
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 03 July 2012, 08:10:05 pm »
nice one DARRSI  :rollin :rollin ....

progress at last..............ive bought the tyres  :D :D :D :D ...well just the rear one as i think i can get a few more miles out of the front one....mot next and then back to the stutter  ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 05 August 2012, 03:42:19 pm »
ok i know its been a while :o .........been enjoying myself on my thou  :D .......thoughts now back with my 600,iam on holiday now for another week so going to try and get the 600 mot`ed tommorow and also give the old girl a good run to remind myself of the problem.....got loads of possible solutions from CRH that i need to try out and i now have the time to do it  :) ....will up date with any progress and add a few pictures o make it a bit more interesting  ;)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 05 August 2012, 05:44:57 pm »
I had a stutter on mine after a bit of work and it was caused by the 2nd inlet rubber in that had folded in on itself when being reassembled, so you couldn't even see it until eventually i had it into a different shop and they spotted it when taking the carbs off.  :rolleyes

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 05 August 2012, 09:15:39 pm »
I had a stutter on mine after a bit of work and it was caused by the 2nd inlet rubber in that had folded in on itself when being reassembled, so you couldn't even see it until eventually i had it into a different shop and they spotted it when taking the carbs off.  :rolleyes

thats interesting.....was`nt planning to take the carbs off again but it might come to that.......cheers matey

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 06 August 2012, 01:00:53 pm »
bike booked in for MOT at 3.00pm today.....just given it a quick check over and noticed i need a new side light bulb,will get that on way to mot.....will post outcome later  ;)

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 06 August 2012, 07:15:20 pm »
if the ht lead is damaged or needs replacing it can be done with sealed coils by getting a lead jointer,its much cheaper than getting new coils !

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 06 August 2012, 08:56:50 pm »
if the ht lead is damaged or needs replacing it can be done with sealed coils by getting a lead jointer,its much cheaper than getting new coils !

yes i was aware of that.used a lot on moto-x bikes me thinks.....but mostly likely to fail on the joint between the two items,the one you cant get to  :rolleyes ..........good tip though  :D

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 06 August 2012, 09:04:53 pm »
good news...passed the mot today with two near misses.....front tyre (which i new about) and worn chain which is a bit of a shame as only half way on the adjusters
 a fair mot man that ive not used before but known for a few years.......PGB MOTORCYCLES LTD based in high wycombe bucks....will be using him again.
 quizzed him about the stutter and told him everything ive done....he suggested changing the generator as the only thing i hav`nt touched in the sparks dept...........anyone had any troubles with there geni ?  ;)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 07 August 2012, 12:51:59 am »
It'll pass the MOT without solving your problem, 'cos it's not really part of the process.

Have a quick butchers at the inlet rubbers anyway, 'cos from what you said if the previous ones were split, then you replaced it/them, but possibly had my issue with them not being seated properly, then you would have exactly the same symptoms.
Bloody unlucky, but shite happens!
Just a thought, but worth proving me wrong anyway....... and everyone loves proving me wrong  :lol
« Last Edit: 07 August 2012, 01:09:28 am by darrsi »

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 07 August 2012, 07:53:07 am »
good news...passed the mot today with two near misses.....front tyre (which i new about) and worn chain which is a bit of a shame as only half way on the adjusters
 a fair mot man that ive not used before but known for a few years.......PGB MOTORCYCLES LTD based in high wycombe bucks....will be using him again.
 quizzed him about the stutter and told him everything ive done....he suggested changing the generator as the only thing i hav`nt touched in the sparks dept...........anyone had any troubles with there geni ?  ;)
........think you fishing to deep now red?.....still think its on the fuely side!!....try the ideas whats been suggested first mate?? ;) ...then look further if u need too??.....besides that?.......cant have ...ATB" getting one over on me!! never live that one down :'( .......that darrsi mite be on the right track too??,,,,after all he cant be wrong all the time!!...can he?????....soz darss couldnt resist that :b

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 07 August 2012, 08:37:50 am »
It'll pass the MOT without solving your problem, 'cos it's not really part of the process.

Have a quick butchers at the inlet rubbers anyway, 'cos from what you said if the previous ones were split, then you replaced it/them, but possibly had my issue with them not being seated properly, then you would have exactly the same symptoms.
Bloody unlucky, but shite happens!
Just a thought, but worth proving me wrong anyway....... and everyone loves proving me wrong  :lol

hi darrsi......i needed to mot it so i could test ride the bike....starting the bike on the centre stand and revving it.ie not under load,you cant see/hear the stutter....as you know ive had the carbs off a number of times now and although its a bit tight getting them on and off i took my time and gently eased them in.....ive got a few more things to check and if that fails i`ll be back to the carbs again.......thanks for your input matey  :) 

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 07 August 2012, 08:41:38 am »
........think you fishing to deep now red?.....still think its on the fuely side!!....try the ideas whats been suggested first mate?? ;) ...then look further if u need too??.....besides that?.......cant have ...ATB" getting one over on me!! never live that one down :'( .......that darrsi mite be on the right track too??,,,,after all he cant be wrong all the time!!...can he?????....soz darss couldnt resist that :b

morning CRH...going to try your suggestions,now the bikes mot`ed i can test ride......spending some time on the thou today but will be back on the 600 tommorow.....off shopping for some new tools this morning .....yipeeeeeeeee :D :D :D

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 07 August 2012, 09:00:15 am »
CRH you're a harsh man.......  :lol
The worst thing for me was that i took my bike back about 4 times over a couple of weeks, and had 3 mechanics test ride it but they all refused to acknowledge there was any problem, yet whenever i tried overtaking anyone my bike sounded like a chronic asthmatic on 40 fags a day, and seeing as i'm on the bike nearly every day you can imagine i was getting a tad pee'd off 'cos i know every tiny sound that's out of place with it!
Took it to a tune up place in the end and as i asked for a carb overhaul he spotted it rather quickly and brought in the offending inlet rubber to show me. It was literally folded in half on one side, and had then been done up.
I appreciate people make innocent mistakes, but i would've at least expected them to feel and hear it when riding it, bearing in mind one of them races bikes.  :rolleyes

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 07 August 2012, 09:32:16 am »
your right darss?...it does piss you off when you know there,s a fault..then to be looked upon as if your a plank!!..think half the time they either cant be arsed or they just dont feel there,s enough money in it for them to sort your probs?...i personaly dont bother with them!! if it does take me extra time to sort sumat out ? so be it!!...i defo wont be paying there hourly rates!! :rolleyes ....been into bikes since i was 14 and now 57....bet ive f,got more than some of them know now?..... :lol ......

bootz76

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 07 August 2012, 10:22:28 am »
upon taking my tank up to get resrayed i tried to drain the fuel out about a gallon,however switching the tap to on fuel ran freely for about a minute then stopped switching between off and on and fuel would flow for a while and stop again.it would flow for various amounts off time before stopping.now my fazer has had an intermitant missfire for a while now so im thinking me taps fooked wemoto do a tap repair kit for £14 or a complete new one from yamaha is £25 think im gonna splash out for a new one.no crap in filter but gonna check inside tank when i take old tap off. just another thing for red to check :\ :\