Date: 28-03-24  Time: 12:13 pm

Author Topic: stuttering fzs 600  (Read 257837 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
Re: stuttering fzs 600
« Reply #325 on: 08 June 2012, 06:30:32 am »
day off yesterday...was planning to take the thou out....must have been the wettest day this year  :\ :\ ...did tax it though  :) ....had a good clear up in the garage and took a load of stuff to the dump...kept the stuttering fazer before anyone asks,so now have a nice tidy garage to sort the bike out,will be ordering the tyres this evening and have them delivered to work as always someone there...working this weekend but should have time to spend on the fazer... ;)

so in short................no progress  :\
One, is never going to be enough.....

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 08 June 2012, 08:43:14 am »
day off yesterday...was planning to take the thou out....must have been the wettest day this year  :\ :\ ...did tax it though  :) ....had a good clear up in the garage and took a load of stuff to the dump...kept the stuttering fazer before anyone asks,so now have a nice tidy garage to sort the bike out,will be ordering the tyres this evening and have them delivered to work as always someone there...working this weekend but should have time to spend on the fazer... ;)

so in short................no progress  :\
yes it was a bit damp here too, and its continuing all day today apparently. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes boss has been travelling to work by cage all this week ( too dangerous on bike with the chronic wind gusts). just had todays clutch job ring up and cancel due to bike stuck in garage with a buckled door (wind) apparently :rolleyes :'( :'( , so it looks like a workshop tidyup day and a little checkover / lube of the bikes whilst they are all here. remember matey, all good things come to those who wait. supposed to be better tomorrow so you may get an evening blast in. ;)

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 08 June 2012, 10:22:15 am »
this has gone from a thread into a short story

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 08 June 2012, 10:34:18 am »
Got Fazer back and feels really tight and sexy. :-) According to the mechanic it was the fuel injectors/valve thingy that needed clearing (I actually totally forgot on the ride back as I was having too much fun) Eitherway, it was something that the mechanic says he hasn't done in 25 years  . . . . .

I remain a little apprehensive cos I have eroded trust, however, if the two bikes I test tomorrow don't match up, or I don't get offered more than £1300 part ex, then I will probably be keeping it . . . . .  :D

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 08 June 2012, 11:28:11 am »
are you sure he got right bike???.....fuel injector,valve ?.... :rolleyes

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 08 June 2012, 11:53:35 am »
hey red!!....picking up thou at wkend?....settled at £600..BUT....no luggage!! dont blame him though?...had a offer for £200 for it!!...we struck up a deal though?....hes so confident that motors ok?...he,l give me a 100 bk if owt wrong with it? :\ .....he also thinks that he may have a spare key?..as he can remember putting one...as he says?..safe in his garage??.. :rolleyes ....ile not keep me hopes up on that hey?....anyway if it does go tits up!... yourself and many more will enjoy the spares :\ .......

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 08 June 2012, 02:20:12 pm »
are you sure he got right bike???.....fuel injector,valve ?.... :rolleyes

I am sure he did, it is probably me just foccin it up. Eitherway, it feels nice and tight now. :-) I may keep it as I was saying . . .

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 08 June 2012, 06:20:23 pm »
mr blade sir!....do you have any knowledge of moto guzzi engines?.....thats if you havnt fell out with me?....cus i slagged off vera? :\

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 08 June 2012, 07:35:30 pm »
Got Fazer back and feels really tight and sexy. :-) According to the mechanic it was the fuel injectors/valve thingy that needed clearing (I actually totally forgot on the ride back as I was having too much fun) Eitherway, it was something that the mechanic says he hasn't done in 25 years  . . . . .

I remain a little apprehensive cos I have eroded trust, however, if the two bikes I test tomorrow don't match up, or I don't get offered more than £1300 part ex, then I will probably be keeping it . . . . .  :D

no injectors on you bike mate......you have carbs   :eek ......good luck with the teat rides  :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 08 June 2012, 07:39:02 pm »
hey red!!....picking up thou at wkend?....settled at £600..BUT....no luggage!! dont blame him though?...had a offer for £200 for it!!...we struck up a deal though?....hes so confident that motors ok?...he,l give me a 100 bk if owt wrong with it? :\ .....he also thinks that he may have a spare key?..as he can remember putting one...as he says?..safe in his garage??.. :rolleyes ....ile not keep me hopes up on that hey?....anyway if it does go tits up!... yourself and many more will enjoy the spares :\ .......

nice one crh....and a good price/deal....put some piccies on so we can all see  :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 08 June 2012, 07:43:42 pm »
this has gone from a thread into a short story

you not wrong there mate.......did go off topic a few times on the way,and i lost interest a couple of times.....iam going to order the tyres tommrow and crh has come up with a few solutions that might solve the stutter main one being fuel/air mixture as i have a pattern air filter which i fitted just before the stutter started.......busy at work at moment but hope to get out in the garage this weekend  :)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 08 June 2012, 07:58:24 pm »
mr blade sir!....do you have any knowledge of moto guzzi engines?.....thats if you havnt fell out with me?....cus i slagged off vera? :\
sorry matey, strictly jap man me ;) .......should imagine like ducati, cost a fortune to maintain :rolleyes ....mate has a stelvio, do like that though.!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 08 June 2012, 08:14:04 pm »
tyres ordered.........busters online.....pair maxxis supermaxx m6029....£142.89 delivered.......super  :)

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 08 June 2012, 08:43:36 pm »
thers not alot to show yet red? :\ ......got to start and budget for some bits?....front wheel, discs,tank ,seat,etc,etc,etc,.... :rolleyes ...on the bright side though??......hes chucked in?.....5ltrs castrol power 1...filter, set of new plugs and  workshop man!!! :lol

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 08 June 2012, 10:13:56 pm »
sorry matey, strictly jap man me ;) .......should imagine like ducati, cost a fortune to maintain :rolleyes ....mate has a stelvio, do like that though.!
   cheers anyway ade!!...what it is a mate of mine has dropped his guzzi le mans off at mine expecting me to sort it for him?...wont start at any cost!!...got spark,fuel,excellent comp, fires?...but only runs for seconds??.....its a 1978 and only done 19k from new?....

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 08 June 2012, 10:43:50 pm »
   cheers anyway ade!!...what it is a mate of mine has dropped his guzzi le mans off at mine expecting me to sort it for him?...wont start at any cost!!...got spark,fuel,excellent comp, fires?...but only runs for seconds??.....its a 1978 and only done 19k from new?....
purely guessing mate, sounds very fuel-related. dunno. sorry. either that or stop turning the bloody ignition key off all the time :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 08 June 2012, 10:49:03 pm »
mmmmmmmmmm!...ime thinking hes burnt a valve or valves out??....its not a unleaded engine and  for just over a year hes not been usin that lead additive??......so i think thats got sumat to do with it??.... :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 09 June 2012, 10:15:39 pm »
hey red??.....did you have a go at it today?

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 10 June 2012, 08:07:33 am »
hey red??.....did you have a go at it today?

hi crh......had a few hours work yesterday with a 4hr window in the middle.......so , did i make a start on the 600 or take the thou out for the first time  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 10 June 2012, 08:12:34 am »
i take it you likey then???????????????? ;)

ade the blade

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - xl1000v varadero
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 10 June 2012, 10:08:27 am »
i take it the 600 is running like a dream then. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

robby boy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Sprint ST 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 10 June 2012, 11:36:06 am »
mmmmmmmmmm!...ime thinking hes burnt a valve or valves out??....its not a unleaded engine and  for just over a year hes not been usin that lead additive??......so i think thats got sumat to do with it??.... :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

If its got good compression on all cylinders I would very much doubt it to be a burnt valve, sounds more like blocked jets or something.

If you worried about falling off your bike, you'd never get on.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 10 June 2012, 01:01:25 pm »
i take it the 600 is running like a dream then. :rolleyes :rolleyes :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

thats right ade.....the 600 runs like a dream..........in my dreams ;)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 10 June 2012, 01:16:11 pm »
i take it you likey then???????????????? ;)

yes ....like it mucho....but......previous owner liked to use some sort of silocone spray cleaner on everything....including the grips  :eek :eek :eek ......also the crash bars rest against my shin and everytime i went over a bump would give me a knock...first thing when i got back the bars came off...also one of the pads on the front inside is a bit low so will fit new pads and give the pistons a clean/inspect....handle bars defo too wide so will see if i can get some origanal ones......loads of power and very smooth slightly higher seat height compared to the 600 but that suits me...great on the twisty bits with pilots  :D .....bought some de-greasing wipes on way back to get rid of the silocone  ;) ......otherwise happy with my purchase......oh .gear lever slightly too low.

as regards the 600...will make a start one evening this week , tyres should be here wed/thurs so will remove the wheels in readyness  :) 

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 10 June 2012, 03:54:01 pm »
look red?..if you not happy with it?..then i do know someone who would be happy to take a few parts off you?? :b .....no use keeping sumat if you dont get on with it??.............like i keep tellin her indoors!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol