Date: 26-04-24  Time: 17:34 pm

Author Topic: she wont start  (Read 2257 times)

MB61YAM

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
she wont start
« on: 10 July 2016, 06:42:32 pm »
pulled the Fazer out of the garage this afternoon for the first time in a couple of weeks, been on the Optimate, just refused to start, abs light and emu light stayed on and after a couple of seconds cranking the emu light started flashing, was perfect before it went away last time, only thing done is to fit exhaust hanger and adjust gear lever for new pegs, any ideas ??
I did leave my u lock in the back wheel when I tried to wheel it out of garage but no apparent damage done, checked electrics as best I could but nothing obvious, main fuse was OK if a bit grubby.
any ideas

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
Re: she wont start
« Reply #1 on: 10 July 2016, 08:05:53 pm »
Did you try it with the clutch pulled in?

MB61YAM

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2016, 03:29:56 pm »
turns out it was just faulty and furry connections to the injection solenoids, first owner ( 2 years ) had regular maintenance, second owner didn't, hey ho

MB61YAM

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2016, 09:16:19 am »
having returned to riding after a 2 week ban (for major dental trauma) the old girl refused to start, connected the Optimate back up, just pressed the starter again and it fired up no problem, it fired up ok when I had filled it up 20 mins later, so could this be a faulty Optimate (it showed all lights lit up and the green was on) or could it be a battery which is borderline, it is five years old and has done a great deal of running, any thoughts guys ??

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2016, 04:28:31 pm »
It's a duff battery. Optimate will show when fully charged but it doesn't show up dead cells. Get a new battery and all sorted.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

MB61YAM

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2016, 01:56:40 pm »
that sounds like a sensible plan, yet the bloody thing started fine last night, bastard LOL :grumble

MB61YAM

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 August 2016, 05:10:05 pm »
turns out it was further electrical gremlins, the dealer said it was side stand switch and various other connections but it seems ok now, shame is its off the road for about three weeks for a complete front end rebuild after the newly built stanchion and seal fix it required when I bought it cried enough and dumped the whole of the leg full of fork oil on me boot and the belly pan just near home followed by the rest on the garage floor when I got home :(