Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Fazer 1000/FZ1 corner

Best tyres Sports Touring Tyres for the Old Girl

(1/12) > >>

Capt:
Hello Forum, wonder if you can save may aging eyes in searching, not been using my 2002 FZS 1000 for quite a few years, just wondering what's the best ST tyres out now?  Got some Avons Storms bought back in 2010 that have been really good in terms of grip but need a new set so what do you recommend these days?

Thanks in advance.

PieEater:
If you got on with the Avon Storms I would recommend the new Storm 3D-XM, I much prefer the way the bike handles on Storms than the equivalent Bridgestone's and they last about 10% longer too. I keep meaning to try Michelin Pilot Roads as a lot of folks on here like them but to be honest I just keep going back to the Avons as I get on with them really well.

Timbo:
I've just put RoadSmart 3 on my Tiger Sport and they have been fab

My Fazer 1000 has Smart 2 on, as when I brought it. I will probably fit Smart 3 next time.

They were very good, wet and dry on the Tiger on our recent 2000 mile Alps trip and saved my arse when we hit a muddy patch one rainy day.

Bw

Capt:
Thanks, I bet a few others will get recommended.  Next problem is a recommended dealer to fit them & not damage my rims.  I live in the North West & last dealer has shut, any suggestions there?

Thanks again in advance.

Tmation:
I have had RoadSmart 1 & 2's on my Gen 1 and will be going with the 3's in a weeks time. I had Pilot Road 1's which were great to about 2/3 worn and then felt shit. I have also had BT020's but they are old and replaced with the T30 now.

I used to use TST near warrington but they seem to have closed.

I am getting my new set at Hammer and Tongs in Warrington for its MOT.

This place in Liverpool are supposed to be good [size=78%]http://prtyres.com/[/size]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version