Date: 20-04-24  Time: 00:51 am

Author Topic: A Vote Side note  (Read 2474 times)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
A Vote Side note
« on: 24 June 2016, 10:31:20 am »
Watching last night al all those people counting after first unfolding all the papers, so whats the point of folding them, we could get the results much quicker if we didnt fold em in the first place.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
Re: A Vote Side note
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2016, 11:17:17 am »
I was a rebel, I never folded mine   -   tee hee

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2016, 02:31:14 pm »
It's those black boxes  :eek we need bigger slots  ;)
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2016, 01:46:50 pm »
Watching last night al all those people counting after first unfolding all the papers, so whats the point of folding them

Because it's a secret ballot. An unfolded paper could be seen by someone else and they'd know how you voted.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 June 2016, 01:57:45 pm »
Watching last night al all those people counting after first unfolding all the papers, so whats the point of folding them, we could get the results much quicker if we didnt fold em in the first place.

it wouldn't be done quicker, there'd  just be less counters  :evil
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 June 2016, 04:16:12 pm »
Grahamm--- Secret ballot my arse, I went to the polling station, gave the girl my details which she verified on the list, gave my reference no to another girl where it was verrified again, she passed it on to the man who gave me my voting paper that has a foccin serial no on it! I said how come this has a serial no on it and he said you can only get to vote without a serial no on it by authorisation of a high court judge.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #6 on: 26 June 2016, 01:41:51 am »
Grahamm--- Secret ballot my arse, I went to the polling station, gave the girl my details which she verified on the list, gave my reference no to another girl where it was verrified again, she passed it on to the man who gave me my voting paper that has a foccin serial no on it!

The serial numbers are for detection of attempted fraud, not for monitoring people's votes.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 June 2016, 07:08:45 am »
I would have been happy not folding mine but it wouldn't fit in the black box that way as the slot was too small.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 June 2016, 10:33:09 am »
Grahamm--- Secret ballot my arse, I went to the polling station, gave the girl my details which she verified on the list, gave my reference no to another girl where it was verrified again, she passed it on to the man who gave me my voting paper that has a foccin serial no on it!

The serial numbers are for detection of attempted fraud, not for monitoring people's votes.

Talking about general elections
Votes can be traced by matching the numbered ballot paper to its similarly numbered counterfoil; the numbered counterfoil also bears the voter's registration number from the electoral register which is hand-written by the Polling Clerk when the ballot paper is issued. As all the ballot papers for each candidate - including fringe candidates such as, communists, fascists, nationalists, etc. - are bundled together, anyone having access to those documents can speedily trace the name and address of every voter for such candidates if they wish. In 1981 Gordon Winter - a former agent of BOSS, the South African Secret Service - writing in his book, Inside Boss, claimed that the South African government knew the identity of everyone who voted for the Communist Party of Great Britain - thanks to British intelligence using this simple vote-tracing procedure.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2016, 04:54:49 pm »
Everyone has 10 seconds of Democracy--when you place your vote on the ballot paper--then the MP, MSP, or MEP that you voted in does whatever the party machine dictates to him or her--and F88K you pal, you had your 10 seconds  of democracy now F88K off for another 5 years

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2016, 05:28:17 pm »
Everyone has 10 seconds of Democracy--when you place your vote on the ballot paper--then the MP, MSP, or MEP that you voted in does whatever the party machine dictates to him or her--and F88K you pal, you had your 10 seconds  of democracy now F88K off for another 5 years

Which of course why we are in the mess that we are in.  That is becuase so many people think what you have just stated is what democracy is.  Their only interaction with democracy, as you say, is on polling day.

Democracy, is of course up to us, as indeed it is up to us how much we enegage with it and influence it.

And the end of the day, the people will get the government they deserve.