joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: EU!
« Reply #125 on: 24 June 2016, 11:23:09 pm »
unfazed.        i just want my country back.     i dont care what the cost is on a recent site in bristol there was 250 foreign, 150  british.   most could not speak a word of BRITISH,   is this right.?  not in my opinion.    also i must add that i got on and had a laugh with the few who spoke british.     in this country quite a few people in there office jobs dont have to CONFRONT these people every day ,   well i do and i am getting pissed of, front line, :(

+1 on how immigration has changed the work place, we even have managers whom struggle with English.

And most are focin lazy, sure they take the jobs and turn up every day, but they're not productive, I have a couple of English women working on my line and they never complain, lazy foreign foc's moan all the time, ooooh it's to fast and making my arms ache, well foc off home then.

Was in an engineering company awhile back and just the same there.

Work has become a chore! 
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 24 June 2016, 11:50:43 pm »
Taylor,
I know understand exactly how you feel, the last time I rang to report my faulty phone line , I had to ask to speak to someone who actually spoke english properly  :lol as I had absolutely no idea what the person was saying nor they I, even asked where the call centre was, to be told Dublin :rolleyes to which I replied "seriously"
Becaus of this many work advertisements now state "must have fluent english"
My son lives and works in Wales and he was one of four who applied for his permanent job, when it was advertised, not one UK person applied for it even though it was advertised and readvertised for over 6 months.

I just wonder if the cost of getting your country back is too high, for the sake of those voted out I hope not, but only time will tell, is it is too little too late. Many of the spongers followed the social welfare trail, because there were little or no restrictions, in the UK or Ireland.
Thankfully our big cold wild sea is a great deterrent.
Despite what Joebloggs says some of these people work hard and they are the ones I have no issue with, but because of what I work at I see all sides of it and because of all this Political Correctness I cannot always say what I am thinking or what should be said. :'(

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 25 June 2016, 12:44:15 am »
The fruit and veg farming and harvesting is more or less the domain of East Europeans? Anytime they interview the owner they complain that British people will not do this kind of work? Well I reckon when the dust settles and Boris and his other Nazi friends will cure this problem. If you are British and unemployed you will be bused to a farm and told to work. If you don't work you will go hungry as your dole and benefits will stop. Let's face it this referendum had nothing to do with the EU it was about immigration. Watching some of the vote out crowd being interviewed on TV, Planting and picking cabbages is about their intellectual level. :lol
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 25 June 2016, 12:46:58 am »
:agree

The point I was trying to make (badly) was that in or out makes no difference to them really.

The coffin dodgers are likely as not to ones that voted us in, in the first place. But personally I do not think anyone over the age of 65 should have been allowed to vote in this referendum in the first place, and I am 67.But as I am able to vote my vot was to stay in by the way seeing as I live in France now, not fun to think that come tomorrow morning I may be an illegal immigrant. Still not to worried as if the vote is out I will just pull the old, seeing as I was born in N Ireland card and go get myself an Irish passport simples  :rollin

Lew - have you forgotten that we weren't told we were voting to join the EU - we were voting to join the EEC.

If that's what this vote was about, I'd be saying Remain - but it's not, the EU is completely different to the EEC and it's all of those differences that the Leave voters are rebelling against. If we'd been voting on the EU (and all it entails) in the 70's, it would have been a massive NO.

EU EEC call it what you want but a bus is still a bus.

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 25 June 2016, 12:48:42 am »
I voted leave but I'm keeping my head down among my friends on facebook, there is a lot of anger out there......

Do not tell them where you live, Boris has made that mistake already  :lol

https://www.facebook.com/LADbible/videos/2752793458101160/

And never mind the Scotland or NI leaving the UK, London wants to leave too:

Quote from: Boris
This is a “glorious opportunity for Britain”, Boris said in the tone of a political prisoner reading out a false confession.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-latest-london-independence-time-to-leave-uk-eu-referendum-sadiq-khan-boris-johnson-a7100601.html

I have a question for you guys that voted leave.

If that is a great victory why Boris Johnson and Michael Gove speak like on funeral?? And say no need to haste and it will take 2 to 7 years to leave. Seriously?

The British people have expressed their wish to leave the EU. Leave means leave.

No backsies now  :)
« Last Edit: 25 June 2016, 01:11:08 am by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 25 June 2016, 07:15:11 am »
:agree

The point I was trying to make (badly) was that in or out makes no difference to them really.

The coffin dodgers are likely as not to ones that voted us in, in the first place. But personally I do not think anyone over the age of 65 should have been allowed to vote in this referendum in the first place, and I am 67.But as I am able to vote my vot was to stay in by the way seeing as I live in France now, not fun to think that come tomorrow morning I may be an illegal immigrant. Still not to worried as if the vote is out I will just pull the old, seeing as I was born in N Ireland card and go get myself an Irish passport simples  :rollin

Lew - have you forgotten that we weren't told we were voting to join the EU - we were voting to join the EEC.

If that's what this vote was about, I'd be saying Remain - but it's not, the EU is completely different to the EEC and it's all of those differences that the Leave voters are rebelling against. If we'd been voting on the EU (and all it entails) in the 70's, it would have been a massive NO.

EU EEC call it what you want but a bus is still a bus.

Ever been on a London bus recently Lew?
They refuse to take cash, and if you're not going too far it's actually cheaper for 4 people to get a cab than it is to board a bus journey with some arrogant fuckwit driving it like a lunatic.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 25 June 2016, 07:45:16 am »
Quote from: BBROW
[/quote

Ever been on a London bus recently Lew?
They refuse to take cash, and if you're not going too far it's actually cheaper for 4 people to get a cab than it is to board a bus journey with some arrogant fuckwit driving it like a lunatic.

I often carry 3 people around London for such eventualities  :D
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 25 June 2016, 07:56:04 am »
I voted out, and when I voted in in 1975 I did not vote for a super government in Brussels I voted for a trade agreement, then the politicians high jacked it and made it the monster it is today.
So glad I voted OUT.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #133 on: 25 June 2016, 08:32:17 am »
Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the
mechanics German, the lovers Italian and it's all organised by the
Swiss. Hell is where the chefs are British, the mechanics French, the
lover's Swiss, the police German and it's all organised by the Italians.
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 25 June 2016, 09:00:13 am »
 Let's face it this referendum had nothing to do with the EU it was about immigration.
[/quote]c

O

well said lew, at last a chance for the people to speak and the best turn out in 20 years shows just how strongly people are feeling.....not the best way of showing how they feel as it will create other problems/difficulties ........imigration/nhs/employment are probably the main worries for all the working class in this country and the ones that are seen every day, this vote was not all about that but has been used to show how the mojority are feeling..........time to think now for both sides, nothing happening until loct/nov , in my eyes that was a close vote 48%/ 52%  .....not sure if iam correct here and PLEASE correct me if iam wrong....but can the government still step in and reverse the decision ?

One, is never going to be enough.....

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 25 June 2016, 12:40:45 pm »
The EU wants us out straight away, and the Mayor of Calais wants to move the 'Jungle' over to Dover. Told you so.....
« Last Edit: 25 June 2016, 01:13:28 pm by mtread »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 25 June 2016, 02:18:41 pm »
UK passports' are European Union model ones aren't they, so does that mean everyone has got to renew when we actually leave?.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 25 June 2016, 02:56:38 pm »

I have never agreed with you before , but you have got this right.  :rollin

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 25 June 2016, 02:58:50 pm »
UK passports' are European Union model ones aren't they, so does that mean everyone has got to renew when we actually leave?.

I would say for sure there is no way the government is going to miss out on a money spinner like that.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #139 on: 25 June 2016, 03:57:22 pm »

I have never agreed with you before , but you have got this right.  :rollin

True. You are wrong most of the time.  :)
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 25 June 2016, 05:02:35 pm »
The EU wants us out straight away, and the Mayor of Calais wants to move the 'Jungle' over to Dover. Told you so.....

Immediate closure of the Channel Tunnel until "our" Border Control have full control over access to the tunnel and can prevent the influx of illegals  :thumbup
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

johnakay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - tracer 700
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 25 June 2016, 06:14:39 pm »
look like things are not going the way we expect it for leave voters....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1339162/pro-eu-mps-in-secret-plot-to-scupper-vote-to-leave-the-single-market/
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership!

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 25 June 2016, 06:26:52 pm »
Does leaving mean we can buy two-strokes again?! :woot

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 25 June 2016, 08:00:50 pm »
Because the EU law states that no country can be forced out of the EU eg. Scotland and Northern Ireland, both England and the Wales parliments will have to negotiate with both of these countries before it can happen and this could scupper any plans. They cannot change EU law until they are out and until then they have no choice but to operate within the law
Also the referendum was an advisory which means it does not have to be acted on. The people in England and Wales said they wanted Out of the EU and Scotland and Northern Ireland said the wanted to Remain in the EU.

Stalemate I would think. :eek

It would be better if you like us stopped coming in to the country unless they had jobs to go to, which most would not and are a drain on to easy to get welfare resources. Free movement yes but it does not say you cannot stop them if they have no jobs to go to. :rolleyes

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 25 June 2016, 08:10:14 pm »
Because the EU law states that no country can be forced out of the EU eg. Scotland and Northern Ireland, both England and the Wales parliments will have to negotiate with both of these countries before it can happen and this could scupper any plans. The people in England and Wales said they wanted Out of the EU and Scotland and Northern Ireland said the wanted to Remain in the EU.

Stalemate I would think. :eek

Rubbish. The country in question is the UK. The UK has voted out. Whilst Scotland and N.I. are parts of the UK, that means they are out too.

If they wish to hold referendums to leave the UK, then they can negotiate to rejoin the EU once they have independence.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 25 June 2016, 09:06:54 pm »
Forgive me lads , but how can it be democratic if only 2% less than half of those who voted wanted to remain in the EU? What it has done is divided the country and that is not something to be celebrating. Next thing is Scottish Independence and they look to go back in to the EU, There goes some of your main resources. If that happens Northern Ireland will follow suit or maybe reunite with the republic (god forbid, we have enough trouble looking after ourselves) :eek .  There goes your United kingdom, the Great in Great Britain and the Union Jack dies a death. The EU funds for the major road upgrades in mid Wales pulled and then the death knell if Wales start thinking Independence.
It will be great for Ireland, the fact the UK left the EU as we will be the only English speaking country in the EU :woot which can only be to our advantage and a big cold wild sea around us to keep the unwanted out :lol

I wish you the best with increased Interest rates to prop up the Pound while it tries to regroup in an uncertain economy.  :pokefun

Politics and the voting systems are never fair, except the part where everyone agrees on the "majority wins" and that is what OUR democracy is based on.

That's the way we do it and there were 4% more (2% more than half is still more than half) voters went for Leave. Under our way of doing things, that is democracy at workand that means Leave won fair and square. Because you don't like it, don't go claiming undemocratic - what is undemocratic is refusing to accept a democratically achieved result.

Had Remain won by 4%, I'm sure you wouldn't be on here spouting about it being undemocratic - and I for one wouldn't be shouting down the result, I'd be supporting the majority decision of my compatriots and then doing everything I could to make it work.

positron

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 25 June 2016, 10:03:42 pm »
Taylor,
I know understand exactly how you feel, the last time I rang to report my faulty phone line , I had to ask to speak to someone who actually spoke english properly  :lol as I had absolutely no idea what the person was saying nor they I, even asked where the call centre was, to be told Dublin :rolleyes to which I replied "seriously"
Becaus of this many work advertisements now state "must have fluent english"
My son lives and works in Wales and he was one of four who applied for his permanent job, when it was advertised, not one UK person applied for it even though it was advertised and readvertised for over 6 months.

Unfazed, nothing to contribute but just as story time.. I was the other side of that call once. I moved to Ireland from India, and while I was working in Castlebar (of all places!) as a Software Engineer, and went out of my way to support a project with RCH (because I love what they do) and got on the phone with them, and they were dead certain I am in a call center in Delhi (never been to Delhi myself) and generally went on about it for way too long. I was p1ssed, but meh, you learn to cope with this stuff after a while.

I now work for another IT firm in Dublin, and I've moved up enough ranks over the years and I have been involved in recruiting over 20 of current engineers. Since 2010 or so, everytime we put an add out it's .. crickets.. Naada. Then we get the usual recruitment agents pushing Polish or Spanish CVs. In fairness almost all Polish engineers we have taken in have been exceptional. Italian/Spanish engineers also generally good, but some bad ones. Over these years the amount of Irish CVs are truly negligible. I am not talking about poorly paid jobs either - my company is a very large multi-national and pays average market rates. Right now we are losing people left right and center. And the company response is to make teams in Easter Europe and Asia bigger than ever. That's just how it is, unfortunately.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 25 June 2016, 10:47:45 pm »
The vote was won by outers and lost by inners that is it - end of. What we should all do now is unite and get behind the result - support it and make it work.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Millietant

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Apr RSV, FJ1200, FZS1000 & 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 26 June 2016, 12:06:36 am »
The vote was won by outers and lost by inners that is it - end of. What we should all do now is unite and get behind the result - support it and make it work.

Absolutely !

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 26 June 2016, 10:39:10 am »
I feel another general election will be called after a new conservative leader
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.