Date: 20-04-19  Time: 19:13 PM

Author Topic: Pegs....lower  (Read 69 times)

RogD

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW 1200GSA
    • View Profile
Pegs....lower
« on: 19 April 2019, 11:08:20 PM »
Having done some searches and drawn a virtual blank, I am keen to know if anyone has  fitted lowered footpegs to accomodate a tall rider on a FZS1000? I am 6 ft 6 tall and have a knee replacement ..yes , old f*cker.
Keen to understand what works, AND what does not, and if anyone has any peg lowering solutions for sale???

coffee

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Pegs....lower
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:08:30 AM »
haven't any for sale but you'll get some VARIO adjustable pegs from Busters,I forget how much they was but they're not fortunes. ;)
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:40:37 PM »
Extra padding in or on the seat has same effect with less faffing about.

SkidT

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:11:27 PM »
I’m far shorter than you at 5’09” but had similar problems with seat height / knee bend ratio. I was lucky enough to get a second hand raised seat from a fellow foccer and have fitted that. For me this has been enough to make a significant difference, although, if I was being completely honest, I’d rather it was maybe 5 or 10mm shorter, but I’ll cope as is.
The same foccer also sold me a set of adjustable foot pegs at the same time. As the seat suits me, I haven’t bothered with these. If you’re interested in them let me know and you can have them for what I paid. I’d have to check, but I think it was £30?.
Also, if you’re near to me, Oxfordshire / Berkshire borders and want to come and have a try on my raised seat, to see if something similar might suit you, get in touch.