Author Topic: Iom tt  (Read 1522 times)

youngsterbiker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Iom tt
« on: 24 May 2016, 09:02:33 pm »
So I'm going to the tt this year. Excited to say the least. Anyone got any tips? Things to see, places to go,where best to watch from?
Cheers.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Iom tt
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2016, 06:59:05 pm »
I was there in 2007, luckily I was staying in a house that was right on the course :) awesome is an understatement :thumbup

Anywhere on the course is good, just depends if you want the town area for bikes racing through the streets or you want fast open roads etc

I viewed it at the end of the starting straight just where they take a right hander to head out through the town, further up that particular bit is a nice place near a pub etc.

There's also the actual start/finish point where you'll see the pitstops etc.

The bit where they jump over the bridge as well.

And of course the mountain section.

The choices are endless just depends what tickles your fancy :)

I'm hopeless at remembering the names of these places but if you go on YouTube I'm sure you'll catch videos and suss out the places you want to be.

And of course a MUST DO is ride the actual route, I think I took about a day to go round it but I wasn't there to do it faster than the next guy, I just wanted to do it and get the t-shirt :)

Other things to do is make sure you get down to Douglas in the evening as there's loads going on.

I'm saving up to try and go again in a few years time.

Enjoy yerself young man :thumbup
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2016, 04:57:36 pm »
I watched that programme on ITV4 last night about Ian Hutchinson - 'TT: Hutchy Miracle Man'.

I was aware of the basics about the terrible accident he had, but not all the details about the subsequent recovery, rebuilding and rehabilitation.

Blimey what an amazing bloke :eek

I felt humbled by it all.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2016, 05:12:41 pm »
So I'm going to the tt this year. Excited to say the least. Anyone got any tips? Things to see, places to go,where best to watch from?
Cheers.
As has been said, really depends on what you want to see and do.
We always camp at Douglas Rugby Club which is a five minute walk away from Quarterbridge. This is an excellent view point with a pub that seems to be permanently open and serves average food all day. You're also only a 20 minute walk away from the centre of Douglas and that is a must do every night. There is always something going on to entertain the masses every night. I'd love to be going again but I'm off on a 10 day trip to Europe on Monday 6th June.

Enjoy !!
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2016, 08:45:47 pm »
Bit of a late heads-up with only about 15 mins to go, but the ITV4 TT programme on at 9pm this evening is a guide to where to view the action - 'TT: Steve and James's TT Road Trip'.

youngsterbiker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2016, 07:16:28 pm »
Shame I missed the show.... feel like I'm going to head to Douglas in the evenings.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2016, 07:39:30 pm »
Shame I missed the show.... feel like I'm going to head to Douglas in the evenings.

You can catch-up with it here.....

http://www.itv.com/hub/isle-of-man-tt/1a7918a0100