Date: 24-04-24  Time: 21:42 pm

Author Topic: Bikers Dilema ...  (Read 3206 times)

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
Bikers Dilema ...
« on: 20 May 2016, 09:52:23 am »
So riding home last night, I saw 3 scooters in the distance ( why do they always ride in 3's?), after following the smell of 2 stroke I caught up with the last man , who was clearly in the process of having mechanical problems.

now as a biker do you
a) stop to help
b) catch up to the other 2 & let them know their mate has broken down bout a mile back
or c) catch up & pass the other 2 & not say anything

I know what I did lol :rollin :rollin
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
Re: Bikers Dilema ...
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2016, 11:26:03 am »
Kick him off when the other two are out of sight then give the other two a nice wave when you pass them........
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2016, 11:30:10 am »
Seriously though, stop and help if you can, I pulled up and helped this spotty teen who's throttle cable had come off at the carb, it was winter so I had several layers on (must have looked like weighed about 20 stone) he looked like he was about to cry until I said whats wrong with it mate lol

Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2016, 11:47:19 am »
I would catch up with his mates and tell them because if a repair involves much more than a cable tie I wont be much help to the fella, I suppose I could hold his hand until some real help arrived. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2016, 11:49:37 am »

:agree
I haven't got that much mechanical knowledge lol so I caught up with his mates up the road & let them know,

after all we all ride 2 wheels & they were loaded up for a scooter rally so thought it the right thing to do!
 :lol
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2016, 12:55:34 pm »
I suppose I'd go for option b, interestingly I don't nod to scooter boys only fellow bikers. Anyone else still a nodder?
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2016, 12:58:28 pm »

I haven't got that much mechanical knowledge lol so I caught up with his mates up the road & let them know,

after all we all ride 2 wheels & they were loaded up for a scooter rally so thought it the right thing to do!
Yes you are right those chaps may well have a "real" bike at home and are just scooter enthusiasts, its the tossers on Chinese sym's that ride around with their feet down and go on an off the gas pretending to change gear that I wouldn't stop for.   

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2016, 02:04:22 pm »
I suppose I'd go for option b, interestingly I don't nod to scooter boys only fellow bikers. Anyone else still a nodder?

I'm a nodder, will give any old biker the nod me I ain't fussy.

I would stop and help personally, failing that option b.

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2016, 03:18:00 pm »

I'm a nodder, will give any old biker the nod me I ain't fussy.

I would stop and help personally, failing that option b.

I'm a nodder too, even to some of the scooter boys if they still have their baffles in,are wearing proper gear and riding sensibly!
I even nodded at a police bike the other day...........not sure what the etiquette on that is? He didn't nod back.

I would have stopped to help. At the end of the day his mates would eventually notice or at least could be sent a text to inform them
Not likely to be a major mechanical failure,but kids these days haven't a clue how anything works unless it's connected to WiFi

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2016, 04:54:55 pm »
A couple of the police bikers round where I live will give you a nod, they are bikers just like us.

Shappaeye

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2016, 05:02:18 pm »
I nod at anything, feel like Churchill a lot of the time but will always stop to help....when I've finished nodding.

As for Police, they have special eyes that can maintain eye contact but also scan your tyres without breaking the glare but I still nod them and then do a ton just in case they think I'm being cocky.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2016, 07:15:02 pm »

Yes you are right those chaps may well have a "real" bike at home and are just scooter enthusiasts, its the tossers on Chinese sym's that ride around with their feet down and go on an off the gas pretending to change gear that I wouldn't stop for.

Yeah if it was the feet down, on/off the gas lot I'd be a bit concerned that it might be some sort of trap whereby you get off your bike to help the one that's broken down and then turn around just in time to see one of the other two riding away on it :rolleyes.

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 May 2016, 10:43:41 pm »
In London no one nods. It must be because there are so many bikers you would ruin you neck. I'm looking forward to touring Europe next week, driving on the right all bikers wave instead of nod. :-)

I'd always stop for a fellow biker, although around here we get a lot of youngsters on stolen bikes (broken fearing, no lights, no exhaust, no gear, etc). I would gladly leave one of them at the side of the road.
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 May 2016, 10:53:15 pm »
 ;)

Yeah if it was the feet down, on/off the gas lot I'd be a bit concerned that it might be some sort of trap whereby you get off your bike to help the one that's broken down and then turn around just in time to see one of the other two riding away on it :rolleyes .

So now we see Yam faz fans other bike is an Sym  ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 May 2016, 11:03:43 pm »
I only nod when I think there is a chance of a nod back, so ------
I dont nod to power rangers in iridium visors 
Twats on Syms with their feet down
Harly's or that type of bike  ESPECIALLY if they have an open face lid and shades as you are more likely to get the bird flipped than a nod.
I did once get a reciprocal nod from one of those guys and I bout fell off.
The exception is gold wing riders as they don't nod ---- they salute, no kidding I got a salute off one once I felt so special cried all the way home   

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2016, 05:37:37 am »
Option D - Strap the scooter to your luggage rack and give him a lift to catch up with his mates.  ;)
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 May 2016, 10:09:57 am »

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2016, 12:56:48 pm »

So what would happen if tail end charlie had been an MP3 tricycle and the other mates were on scooters?
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 May 2016, 10:08:44 pm »

So what would happen if tail end charlie had been an MP3 tricycle and the other mates were on scooters?

WWND? What would Noddy do?

Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.