Date: 29-03-24  Time: 01:17 am

Author Topic: New kit.  (Read 8580 times)

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: New kit.
« Reply #25 on: 30 April 2016, 11:30:34 am »
has anyone had Wolf textile stuff before? What's the pros/cons of it?

I've got a Wolf jacket and trousers, I bought them when I got my Fazer back in 2007 and they're still going strong. Both came with an inner lining for extra warmth although I have only ever used the jacket one as I have jeans under the trousers.

The waterproofing is good too, I've only had issues a couple of times when it's been absolutely bucketting it down and water has pooled on the saddle between my legs and got in to the crotch.

Apart from that, I'd definitely recommend it.

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 April 2016, 08:20:10 pm »
I had the Wolf Titanium Jacket and Trousers and lasted 3 weeks with them. Leaked something rotten...took them back and got a refund.

I am looking around myself, want Goretex but can't afford Rukka. I have decided on the REV-IT Neptune range which get decent reviews.
https://www.saltiremotorcycles.com/shop/revit-neptune-gore-tex-jacket/

Saltire in Edinburgh stock them if you need to try them on

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 April 2016, 08:37:01 pm »
has anyone had Wolf textile stuff before? What's the pros/cons of it?

I've got a Wolf jacket and trousers, I bought them when I got my Fazer back in 2007 and they're still going strong. Both came with an inner lining for extra warmth although I have only ever used the jacket one as I have jeans under the trousers.

The waterproofing is good too, I've only had issues a couple of times when it's been absolutely bucketting it down and water has pooled on the saddle between my legs and got in to the crotch.

Apart from that, I'd definitely recommend it.
I had the Wolf Titanium Jacket and Trousers and lasted 3 weeks with them. Leaked something rotten...took them back and got a refund.

I am looking around myself, want Goretex but can't afford Rukka. I have decided on the REV-IT Neptune range which get decent reviews.
https://www.saltiremotorcycles.com/shop/revit-neptune-gore-tex-jacket/

Saltire in Edinburgh stock them if you need to try them on

Conflicting comments so I might have to look more closely into this :(
All the reviews I've read about Wolf were pretty good until 'flesh' wrote the above. And as you say goretex would be the way to go for me too if money wasn't the object but unfortunately it is so I have to look at cost v's practicality etc
Foccin dilemmas I hate them :lol
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #28 on: 09 May 2016, 03:56:55 pm »
someone mentioned J&S, I bought a pair of there trousers other week, last years stock for £65, ( the Portsmouth branch does forces discount so got another 10% off  :D )
ok so the zip pull on the left leg fell off within 2 days but I never undo the zip anyway  :rollin

so far been good but looks like a thunderstorm on way home so will let you know if I stay dry!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #29 on: 11 May 2016, 08:00:37 am »
sorry for not replying sooner as I said I would, but it didn't rain that bad... until this morning!!
gotta report that J&S K2 textile trousers are waterproof!!
rode in to work this morning in medium to heavy rain.. got splashed by trucks going the other way through big puddles & I'm virtually dry.
the hem of my trousers is damp but that's cuz the rain went up my boots but well impressed!

I would say they are equivalent to these
https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/Alpinestars-Andes-Drystar-Pants/12291.htm
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!