Date: 26-04-24  Time: 14:05 pm

Author Topic: Looking to buy.......  (Read 875 times)

Shaun-m

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Aprilia
    • View Profile
Looking to buy.......
« on: 04 March 2012, 09:33:07 pm »
Hi all,
looking at next bike purchase and a gen 1 and gen2 are both on my list. so I`m really looking for those of you who have tried/owned both. why did you go for gen1/gen2? why did you change? do you regret changing? you get the picture.  really like the gen2 stance but sat on a gen1 and have read a few  reviews and  like the feedback Ive been getting. which one  is the best?  what are the pros and cons  for each bike... all input is really appreciated, you know what its like trying to decide on your next bike

JKay

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to buy.......
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2012, 09:44:13 pm »
see below :eek http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,1801.0.html :rolleyes BTW the Mark 1 is the best as Ride mag concluded and then took it off the top 5 1/2 faired bikes :grumble

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: Looking to buy.......
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2012, 10:12:17 pm »
Tried both, in fact have tried the gen 2 a few times now as i WANT to like it. but just know for long term use the gen 1 is better for me.
It realy dose come down to what you want from a bike. the gen 1 is the better all rounder with tourqe and comfort with better touring.
The gen 2 is a much more focused bike than the gen 1, revvy compaired to the gen 1 but more fun when you get to use the upper revs, out the box it handles quicker than the gen 1 and is much more modern looking.

Ride both and the gen 2 will prob grab you first, the gen 1 is more of a grower.